Lost (stolen) my pipe & lighter :(

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by sonsw87, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonsw87

sonsw87 Member

So I lost my green BC churchwarden and a Old boy lighter..... I accidentally left my pipe pouch at the mail box are in my building and when i realized that it was too late. Security guy said he didn't find anything and there is no cameras in that area.. What's gone is gone but I'm more sad about the fact that there are ppl who would take other ppl's stuff who lives in a same building. I mean I live in a nice neighbourhood and I didn't think this would happen.. And to make myself feel better I got a peterson pipe and a thunderbird zippo insert....

Share your lost (stolen) pipes or accessories story too :)

2. Waino

Waino Active Member

Sorry to hear that. Wait couple days. Maybe somebody just saved, "rescued" them and soon they are in your hands. Look information or write your own to corridoor?

3. sonsw87

sonsw87 Member

Yeah its ardy been about a week now. I left a post there too.. But no news yet :(

4. EmperorGix

EmperorGix Member

Sorry for your loss... :(

I've not experienced any lost or stolen pipes (yet.) I've had 'em stuck in my gob, or I shoved 'em into a pocket if needed. I love my fellow man, but I don't trust many of 'em. ;)

Professor likes this.
  5. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

I lost my favorite zippo 2 winters ago and found it this past winter in my coat pocket

Old Codger likes this.
  6. johnhwatson

johnhwatson Member

If you want to find the culprit you could ask the security guard to install a CCTV camera to cover that area of the building and then leave another pipe/item in the same place and wait and see who picks it up and if they hand it in or keep it. If they keep it then it could be the same person who stole the pipe

7. sonsw87

sonsw87 Member

sounds like you match your profile picture :)

IrishRover likes this.
  8. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Most likely it was some kids, curious and with thieving minds. I would like to think an adult would either let it be or, post a note saying found pipe

9. John Long

John Long Member

There is a 50/50 chance whoever nabbed your pipe and lighter intends to take the pipe to lost and found and keep the lighter. Unless they know sanitization of pipes and all, not many people are willing to smoke a pre-owned pipe when they don't know where it's been.

10. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

I feel for you, last month I left my favorite pipe on the roof of my car as I took off a jacket. Didn't notice till it rumbled off the roof as I merged onto the freeway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.