Love Larry's Blend

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by pauljmjr, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pauljmjr

pauljmjr Member

I discovered H&H's Larry's Blend a few months ago, and for me this is a fantastic blend. I think that Russ Ouelette has done a remarkable job with this one. I find myself reaching for it time and time again. Anyone else really like this blend?

2. Everman75

Everman75 Member

Yes I LOVE Larry's Blend. It is my current favorite. I smoke it often, and need to order some more.

3. lestrout

lestrout Member

Me too. I like many of RussO's work, but I love LB, even over Blackhouse and Magnum Opus.

hp
    les

Everman75 likes this.
  4. Everman75

Everman75 Member

What a coincidence. Those were the two other tins of tobacco I ordered today along with the two 8 oz. tins of LB I ordered.

5. Slow Tri

Slow Tri Is it Friday yet?

One of my favorites as well.

6. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

I've got to give this a try. Looking for an inexpensive but good-quality English to be one of my 3 updated go-to blends (of which I've only picked out one). Larry's Blend, based on feedback, may very well be just what I'm looking for.

7. lestrout

lestrout Member

DD - RussO has a whole bunch of great Lats - check out the sampler package and get LB, Ten to Midnight, Ambassador, Namaste, Victorian Stroll and Admiralty. http://pipesandcigars.com/heandhosa.html#.UP1rjSdm78k

While you're at it, nab some Magnum Opus and Black House, and maybe Cerebus.

hp
    les

8. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer Member

I bought 4oz of this off all the great talk about it. Being a VA smoker mostly, but enjoy a break into the aros at times, I thought this would be a good ideal. This is deffinatly wrong for me, but I'm so glad many are enjoying it. The buzz on this blend is very high! I'll be trading or sending it back. But I did give it a try!
    Craig

9. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I just finished a tin of Larry's Blend. It is very nice, very well done. I enjoyed it and will buy more.

10. Omar Serrato

Omar Serrato Member

It's like smoking a camp fire. Although most certainly not an everyday smoke for me, it is one hell of a once in a while smoke.

11. Everman75

Everman75 Member

Hey Dragonslayer. Nice name by the way! :)

Sorry to hear you didn't like the LB. It does get a lot of rave reviews from people, me included. I don't want to change the topic of this thread but when I smoked aro's, the one I kept coming back to was Blue Note from Dan Tobacco. Give that one a try if you haven't already.

Dragonslayer likes this.
  12. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Sigh. I just don't get it with this one. I've smoked a few bowls of it and I keep coming up with the same answer. If a good Lat blend is a nice ripe tomato fresh out of the garden, then Larry's Blend is a supermarket tomato bought in February that you've had in the refrigerator for several days. I've still got a couple bowls left in the sample I've been smoking from, it's free to whoever wants it. If nobody PMs me I'll probably do the unthinkable and just pitch it.

Dave Dueck likes this.
  13. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer Member

It's going on the list thanks!

Everman75 likes this.
  14. pauljmjr

pauljmjr Member

Dragonslayer - sorry you didn't like Larry's Blend. But if you're primarily a VA and Aromatic smoker, LB is on the fairly heavy other end of the flavor/heaviness spectrum. If you're still interested in venturing into that territory, I'd suggest trying the original Frog Morton blend by McClelland. That's often used as a bridge blend to gently introduce the English/Balkan/Latakia type blends. Good luck - and enjoy!

Dragonslayer likes this.
  15. Everman75

Everman75 Member

That's an excellent suggestion. The original FM was the first "Gateway Latakia blend" I smoked. I still like it and smoke it often but, keeping with this thread, Larry's Blend is where it's at for me.

16. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer Member

In fact I do enjoy FMOT, that's why I decided to order it from all the buzz. Going to put it up for trade and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.