Mac Baren HH Highland opinions?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ichabod, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ichabod

ichabod Member

Fully matured Virginias, Ready Rubbed Burleys, Latakia and a touch of Fire-cured Cavendish is the recipe. We added one of the world's finest 30 year old Scotch whiskies, Glenfarclas. The natural flavors from the tobacco and the delightful taste of the Scotch marry perfectly, so when smoked you experience the mellow taste and subtle smoky note of the tobaccos combined with the overtone of a fine scotch.

The description of this sounds a bit intriguing, has anyone tried this?

There aren't a lot of reviews on tobaccoreviews.com but they all seem to say it's good. Just wondering if anyone here has tried it yet is all.

2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

IMHO, they wasted good whisky on this
    blend. Not that it's bad, it's just that
    MacB could have used a 10 year old, and
    no one would be the wiser. Save the 30
    year old for just savouring.

dp

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Won't replace Blockade Runner for me but it's an enjoyable smoke. It does need something to pickup the ball or maybe just steam pressed into plugs for a richer smoke.

4. YOJiMBO20

YOJiMBO20 Member

I still need to give this another shot. I smoked a half bowl of it hot and fast and didn't like it. I'll try slowing down with a full bowl soon. Report to follow.

5. YOJiMBO20

YOJiMBO20 Member

After a full bowl smoked slowly, still not a big fan. Barely tasted any latakia. Didn't taste any scotch. Might end up giving the rest of my pouch away to a friend. Or just smoke the rest of it and see if I end up liking it. I don't think I will though, which is a shame. I was excited about this one.

6. Bahnzo

Bahnzo Member

7. ichabod

ichabod Member

Ah, how did I miss that thread? I had just noticed it for sale online and looked at tobaccoreviews.com and didn't see very many reviews (but after checking tobaccoreviews again I see that it is actually listed twice, just with two different names) and didn't notice anything on the first page of the tobacco section here . Guess I figured it was too new for much to have been said about it and didn't realize that people had been getting samples and such before its official release for sale.

I'm still a bit intrigued by it but I think I may hold off on it and move it further down my list of "to try" tobaccos, but not off the list entirely.

Oh, and thanks for the link!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.