1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Mac Baren Highland Blend

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by WisconsinPiper, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bacek

Bacek Member

I've got this sample from smokingpipes, and I must say this is the only blend so far that offers some taste other than latakia. I mean latakia usually is the only thing I feel in other Lat blends, but here latakia is ... auxillary. Very interesting smoke, unfortunatelly McB chemistry doesn't go well with my mucosa.

2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Man, that's more reviews on a single tobacco than I've seen on here! Sounds interesting.

3. Paul

Paul Member

I would agree i just had a bowl of a sampler i got from smokingpipes as well and its definitely a latakia but has other dimensions to it rather that being mostly lat with hints of other things (i really like latakia though so it was good but i wouldnt buy a tin). It certainly wasn't an aromatic but it tasted like Auchentoshan scotch to me, though i may have to have another bowl to try it out again. or smoke some with the scotch :D

4. Marc

Marc Active Member

Can you taste the whiskey?

5. Tenthgate

Tenthgate Member

Yea I gave it a whirl from a free sample. It really didn't resonate with me for some reason. Left an aftertaste I hated, too sweet I think for me.

6. Prof

Prof Member

MB Highland Blend on sale at 4Noggins - go get ya some.

7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I just received a pouch with my last order. Haven't
    tried it yet. I wonder if I can squeeze the toby and
    get the scotch out of it. :whis:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.