1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Mac Baren Londen Burly and Golden Extra

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by kb7get, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kb7get

kb7get Member

Who is smoking BOTH blends and can give an opinon what the difference is between them? I have the Golden Extra so know it. Did not know if the Londen Burly is enough of a change to warrent getting some.

jdto likes this.
  2. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

Golden Extra is to Carter Hall what London BB is to Prince Albert. In my opinion Golden Extra is slightly lighter and a bit sweeter with a "figgy" overtone and LBB is a tad more earthy with a slight "mocha java" note. Both are really good neurtral tobacco forward blends IMO.

RTOdhner, ruffinogold, dmkerr and 2 others like this.
  3. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Nice! I was just asking myself this the other night while putting together a burley binge tad order :D

4. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

They are significantly different, and I would agree with most of what ruralhipster's flavor profiles. Not sure about the figgy part, but GE is softer and sweeter, while still medium bodied. LB is earthy, but not in a Lat way. I like the GE much better.

RTOdhner and ruffinogold like this.
  5. kb7get

kb7get Member

Thanks, will just stick with the GE and forget about the LB.

ruffinogold likes this.
  6. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

I have both. They are different, but enjoy LB quite a bit more. I thought the slightly sweeter GE would appeal to me more, but it doesn't.

7. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Yea what they said. GE is just a bit sweeter.

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

MB GE is a great Burley blend . The way I taste it .. it's kinda " toasty " for a Burley . The LB is more of a " typical " burley flavor while the GE is a bit lighter and unique w/ it's " toastyness " The topnote is super light and just makes the blend that much more pleasent . It's been my go to everyday smoke for over a decade , though since joining this forum , I smoke it a bit less cause I've tried a bazillion blends in the last three years . God Forbid I coud only have one blend ... it would be MB GE . I sure as hell would miss SG Firedance and others

RTOdhner likes this.
  9. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I like them both, and I agree that BLB has a deeper and earthier quality. I think GE works best in a cob, but BLB works better in a briar. I like BLB just a bit better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.