Mac Baren Mixture Modern

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by 1stGenRex, Aug 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

I picked up this blend because I was told it's a good blend, and relatively "bite proof". Anyway, I've tried it about 4-5 times in a cob, and I find that, while it does smoke well, it's VERY light....Almost too light! I had to check a few times to make sure I didn't need a re-light. If the flavors in this toby were a bit more intense, I think it would be pretty awesome, but as it is, I think I'd rather reach for CWB or Sugar Barrel than this stuff.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this blend? Maybe it's because I'm smoking it in a cob that the flavors are somewhat lost?

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

It's a lighter version than the Mixture blend . I was suprised they made it cause the regular Mixture isnt heavy by any means . I used to smoke Mixture alot before MB GE hooked me . I've never tried the ModernVersion . The regular is quite good though !

3. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

I'd be surprised if this isn't one of the lightest blends ever. I could see where that might appeal to some people, but it's not my thing. Too bad I don't have a post office here, I might actually send it out to someone that might truly enjoy the stuff.

4. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

Thanks for the head's up, Rex. This one was on my "eventually get-around-to-trying" list, but I think I'll pass and try the regular Mixture instead.

5. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

The org. Mixture is very good.

6. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Haven't tried this, either. I'll give the original Mixture two thumbs up, though. :thu2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.