1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Mac Baren Mixture

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Badcompany, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badcompany

Badcompany Member

Hello Forum,
    Does MB Mixture need drying out a little bit before smoking.Or is it good to go straight out of the tin.
    Badcompany.

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

I like it a little on the dry side....

Very good weed and no bite, if you don't try to be a puffer belly about it.
    One of my All Day smokes, but don't let anyone know or it'll start to disappear from the E-tailers. :groucho:

Doesn't matter though 'cause I have Mixture in the cellar....

A whole shelf....

3. Badcompany

Badcompany Member

The first 3 pipe fulls where a little spicy, but now it starting to taste very good.We have to keep this one quite. :groucho:
    Badcompany.

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

It's edgey stuff, but the big thing is just to smoke it real slow. The slower you go, the more you'll taste, and if you get it just right, you get this famous "honey on toast" taste, carried on sweet caramel notes,with the punchy periquey "cavendish" muscling along in there.... a ridiculously good tobacco, but a little fussy.

I take it straight from the tin, but don't mind if it dries some.

5. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

I have found most MB blends can be smoked right out of the tin but I still dry them overnight at least. That's a good one too!

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Havent had it out of a tin for along time [bulk] but dont remember it being to moist . Like a good number of MB products they start with alittle heat and settle down quickly and for the rest of the way . Scottish Mixture is what got me hooked on MB years ago and to me is a benchmark blend . The toasty flavor is about as good as it gets !

7. Brian

Brian Member

I really like this blend. It definitely needs to be smoked slow and easy for full flavor. I personally think it's better after it airs out for a few days. It's OK normally right out of the tin, but better a little drier than that IMO.

8. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Well, it ain't Club Blend but I guess if you are in a bind you can make it work. :eek:hyeah:

I don't dry Mixture or Club Blend out. I have not found that it needs it.

9. StevenEC

StevenEC Member

I've been smoking this all day past couple days, this is my new all day smoke. The only problem with this I have is I might not get around to trying much other stuff now, its going to be hard resisting the temptation to just go for this. They don't stock it in Hawaii so I just ordered 5 more tins online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.