1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Mac Baren Scottish Mixture

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Badcompany, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badcompany

Badcompany Member

Hello Forum,
    Just been given a tin of MB Mixture 3yrs old,So I filled my pipe straight away,Unbelievable,WOW what a smoke, A 100 times better than a new tin. This tin wont last long.
    Badcompany.

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

This sir, is just one of the many reason we cellar mass quantities of our preferred blends!!!!

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

You figures it was that much better? I got some Mixture Flake sitting in a jar... I haven't had any for awhile.

I like Mixture a lot no matter what. I would smoke it on a train, and with a goat, and in the rain. I would smoke it with a fox, and I would smoke it in a box.

4. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

But, will you eat green eggs and Ham?

5. Badcompany

Badcompany Member

When you store Mixture, are you leaving it in the unopened tin, or, do you store it in a jar.
    Badcompany.

6. StevenEC

StevenEC Member

Mixture is sold out at a lot of sites, so I thought I might give Mixture Flake a try to, is it just as good, or better?

7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Flake = better, almost always.

It's cut just like Navy Flake, very thin, friendly flakes, and because the density is just a little higher than a loose mix, it smokes for a long time. Mixture proper is basically broken flake anyhow, it's pretty chunky. But I wouldn't hesitate to buy the flake.

8. StevenEC

StevenEC Member

Ok looks like I will give it a try even though its $4 more, its still worth it. I also need to give flakes a try anyway, havent tried any yet besides the Escudo coin shaped ones. Too bad Navy Flake is sold out though, I also wanted to try that but can't find it, too many hoarders :coffee:

9. StevenEC

StevenEC Member

Oh wait never mind, looks like a few other sites like cupojoes restocked since last weekend when I checked.

10. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Never tried the Flake, guess I need to get a few pounds in the next order. And probably a couple of pound of Mixture while the gett'n is good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.