Mac Barren

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by mrpipster, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrpipster

mrpipster Member

So I am kind of new to pipe smoking and am liking vanilla flavor at the moment.
    I hear Mac Barren vanilla creme is the way to go with vanilla flavor.
    Can anyone suggest another brand with a strong vanilla flavor to it?

2. Tortuga

Tortuga Member

I get a vanilla flavor from Burley Without Bite. However, in my opinion, you've got the best vanilla tobacco already.

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Any of the Peter Stoke Vanilla blends are nice .. and theyre in bulk :th1:

4. mrpipster

mrpipster Member

Tortuga, I havent tried the Mac Barren yet as I cant find any locally.
    Ruffinogold, thanks for the suggestion.

5. Tortuga

Tortuga Member

Ah, ten four, I misread your post. Private message me your address and I'll send you some.

6. ruffinogold

Youre wellcome . The PS Sweet Vanilla is more sweet than Vanilla tasting ... where as the French Vanilla is opposite . The Black Vanilla , Black Beauty and Black Kathy are all good but the first two are the ones I like . The PS Optimum , isnt really vanilla so much , but you'd probably really like it . I've never had PS Vanilla Creme . The Macbaren Vanilla Creme Loose cut and flake are stellar

7. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

I've got a tin of McBaren's Vanilla Cream along with several other tins I have not yet had an opportunity to open (I've already got way too many tins open.) I've read many good reviews about it so I'm looking forward to trying it.

8. ruffinogold

Pop it , man !

9. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

It is so tempting. I've also got a tin of Celtic Talisman, Reiner's Green Label, McB's 7 Seas Reg, Dunhill's Standard Mellow, Dunhill's London, King Charles, Holger Danske Orange, Svendborg Kirsberry and plugs of Tambalaka that are unopened and untried.

10. ruffinogold

Ooooh ... HD Orange ... thats one I was wanting to try this past year and never got to . Arkie , the Celtic Talisman is really killer ! The Green Label is ok as well as the 7 seas . King Charles is awesome ! I smoked the Dunhill Standard Mix for a few years but never had the Mellow . London is a nice blend . The others I havent had before . You got a great range of blends to pop open .... get some jars , man ! The Talisman and King Charles are tops in their style :th1:

Ted Vig likes this.
  11. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Never too many tins. Just get some jars, small ones and medium ones. Open all the tins and the tobaccos that are just right to smoke go in to small jars with little airspace. The ones that are too moist or "sticky" get put in to jars that have at least a third more airspace than the tobacco fills up.

12. BigG

BigG Member

I really like MacBaren Vanilla Cream. Another great vanilla baccy is Dan Tobacco Sweet Vanilla Honeydew. Both are mostly Virginia based with that sweet Virginia taste underlying the vanilla.
    Glen

13. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Boswell has a very vanilla blend - I think it's Paradise, but you can check their site for full listings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.