1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

MacB Club Blend

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by RTOdhner, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Will they ghost each other out? In other words, can both be smoked from the same cob without ruining the flavor of the other? Or should I count on needing two two different cobs?

2. Albert

Albert Active Member

I'd say yes, they can both be smoked out of the same pipe. Reason being that The only ghost flavor Ive had from either of them is that "honey" topdressing flavor. I mean if you are really getting to the nitty gritty in comparison then I guess you have to dedicate a pipe to each, but for as close as I think they are, that wouldn't be necessary. I smoke em both from the same pipe and can tell the differences no problem.

3. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I just got in from a four hour road-trip after being away with the family for a few days. I thought... "hmmm, what do I want to smoke." I did feel like something. Opened up PSF for inspiration and waa lah! Club Blend it is.

I don't find Club Blend or Roll Cake that similar, but love them both. They both taste better if smoked slow as Sas recommended. I liked CB the first time out, but not Roll Cake. I switched RC to a large 13/16, cone shaped bore, 1 3/4" tall. I rubbed 2 coins for the narrow bottom together and dropped them in. I did 3 coins for the middle and pushed them down a little. Four coins for the top rubbed a little finer and lit er up. Roll Cake was freakin' great that way!

Toasted marshmellow was the only similarity to Club Blend and Roll Cake for me. Past that, I got more nutty flavor and a bit of figs and spice. Club Blend is more marshmellow, honey & spice. I can smoke Club Blend in my 3/4" bore Neerup and it does well. Roll Cake has to be in the bigun' to get the flavor. Why? I have not idea... ?

As I finish off Gentleman Jack #2, and catch up on my PSF postings, all I can think of is... this feels like a two bowl night. ;)

Jay and albot9 like this.
  4. RTOdhner

I didn't think they were all that similar either, though it's kind of hard to tell after just one bowl of each. I did get the feeling that both needed to be smoked in larger bowled pipes, which seems to be the general consensus. I'm going to order a tin of the Club Blend next month and give it a good try. It's much different than the other tobies that I've smoked, and I really like it. While it may be just a bit premature, I think Club Blend is going to be something I'm gonna cellar.

How was the trip back?

5. RTOdhner

Damn! More evil temptation! Now I have to buy a pair of cobs (Country Gentlemen, I believe), then I will have to buy a pair of Forever stems for those pipes lest they walk about necked. I mean, do I really have a choice? I need to try a tin of the Club Blend, and I need the MM CG's to smoke it in, and I need the Forever stems to get the full benefit of both the toby and the pipes. And that hanging pipe rack/wall cabinet that I dedicated to cobs has a bunch of empty slots.... I can't very well let the poor thing go without, now can I.

(The little TAD and PAD monkeys that live on my back are howling with delight!) A bunch of enablers is what you people are!:ohyh:

albot9 likes this.
  6. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Ohh, you know, crazy 4th of July traffic on I-35, on a Friday afternoon, with a 10 & 3 year old in the back seat. First hour was ok. Next two hours were alternating "Are we there yet, Are we there yet, Are we there yet, Are we there yet." The last hour was more of a stereophonic effort. :p

Uhhh... No :bing:

7. RTOdhner

I don't envy you that drive - I'll be facing nearly the same drive in a couple of weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.