MacB Roll Cake

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by RTOdhner, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

This is another blend that I was gifted. Whereas I think Club Blend (another blend that I was gifted) was intriguing and I'm planning on picking up a tin as soon as practicable, I find Roll Cake to be kind of uninspiring and I'm in no hurry to go buy a tin. I think the quality of the tobies in Roll Cake to be pretty high, the overall blend seems kind of flat. I've read reviews that find similarities between Roll Cake and Club Blend, I'm just not getting it... although to be fair, I've only tried one bowl of each. However, be that as it may, the Roll Cake just doesn't compare.

Roll Cake is good, but IMHO it's just no where near as good as Club Blend. However, to be fair to both, I'm not sure that they are really comparable blends. Roll cake is just a solid VaPer (unless that one alarm nose fire was cause by something other than Perique) with a some Cavendish thrown in for good measure, and it behaves like relatively mild VaPer. Club Blend, OTH, is a mysterious and exotic species of toby unto itself.

albot9 likes this.
  2. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Eventually, I am going to get around to trying most Mac B blends.

This one maybe down the track then.

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

I love Roll Cake...... but your right Club Blend is better. :whis:

4. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly. I'll happily smoke the rest of my tin, and may buy another to have on hand, but would like to cellar some bulk Club Blend.

5. jeffbee

jeffbee Member

I gave up Roll Cake when I tried Escudo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.