1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

MacClelland bulk sale!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by DogTalker, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimMcD

TimMcD Member

The haul from Pipes & Cigars came today and since the lovely bride rec'd the package from our mailman (Neuman!), there was no way to hide this unauthorized expenditure.

I am puffing on the Coyote Classic (#5125) right now in my Tinsky tan blasted apple. It is similar to FM Cellar, not a clone, but definitely a sibling. I only ordered 4oz of Coyote, that s/h/b kicked up now that I actually am smoking it.

2. mrpipster

mrpipster Member

I have never tried FM Cellar.
    I guess I am just hoping to find a bulk that is at least close to FM regular.

3. TimMcD

TimMcD Member

I will report back here when I open up the 10oz of Dark English, as it smells like original Frog Morton without the "ketchup" scent from the tin. I can tell it isn't an exact match, but once I light it up I will know how closely related they are.

4. TimMcD

TimMcD Member

I am 3/4ths a bowl through my first run of Dark English and I would say it is quite different than the Frog Morton line. It smokes excellent, but the flavor has none of the sweet bright overtones of original FM..

This is a fuller deep espresso taste, in wine terms it w/b like a Cabernet - lots of tannins and a dry finish on the palate. If FM is an IPA, the Dark English is a Guinness stout

DogTalker likes this.
  5. mrpipster

mrpipster Member

Thanks for your review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.