Making the best out of an unfortunate trip

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by soundlzrd, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Here I sit in a hotel room, miles from home because of a supplier screw up. Ended up driving 9 hours to make an delivery to tied our customer over until the rest of the raw goods come in. But I am in great sprits about the whole thing. Why? Because on the way home is Boswell's. Due to a screw up, which I found out about less than 12 hours before the change in schedule, I will hopefully be picking up a new pipe tomorrow along with some tobacco! Always a good weekend and a an obvious silver lining!

Edit: I guess a better title would be unplanned. Only unfortunate because it was the word that came to mind originally.

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Did you go? Or plan to go? If I can make it, I can meet you there......

Ed
    Puff

3. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Here now. Almost called you yesterday.

4. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Boswell's, eh? Some darn fine lemonade indeed! :)

5. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Not only did I get to stop at Boswell's but I pick up a pipe style I have been after for over two years. I called them yesterday and informed them of my unplanned trip. I was trying to find out if they had any shot shell pipes in stock. I was informed that they did not, but they might in the morning( I had to them that was the earliest I would be in.) Sure enough they were putting the finishing touches on a shotshell pipe first thing this morning. I am so pleased. I also found two tins of SG XX, a lb of their bulk Toby and a small buffalo head meer. Expensive trip!

Sean

6. Zfog

Zfog Member

Sounds like that worked out great! Congrats on the new pipe and toby.

7. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Sean, had I known it was today, I'd have met you there! Turkey! Oh well. Definitely let me know if you have to make anymore "emergency runs" with a side-track to B-wells. I guess I can always go by myself but it's always funner with PSF'rs in attendance............ for anything (nearly)! ;)

Ed
    Puff

P.S. Congratz on the "Shotshell", I've been lookin' at them but understand Boswells are like "boat anchors" if ya clench a good deal, guess I'll have to aim for an Oom Paul Shotshell......

8. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Yes, I failed. Next time it might be a planned trip. I wouldn't mind driving back. It is a great shop to hang out and chat.

They are heavy compared to MT or SAS. might be a less expensive briar? I do not know enough about these things yet. I do know that mine is not that heavy.

9. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Do you have an expense account? With some creativity, you could be reimbursed for your "necessary" costs.

OBD.

10. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Wow, nothing like getting a pipe from the maker with the wax still warm!

11. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Kiow, you are correct. It was very cool. I had to wait an hour or so to fill her up. I waited a little longer.
    No expense account, just a corporate card. Unfortunately, due to the nature of my employment, they know to much about me, and Boswell's. It would throw some flags. ;)

12. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Is this Boswells in Chambersburg Pa??

13. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Yea Mak, that is the place.

I thought you might want to see some of the score. I have a serious case of PAD as you can see. Three pipes in as many days!
    [​IMG]

ric03 and MakDragon like this.
  14. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Great pipe and stash!!!! I live about 2 hours north of Chambersburg but I can see a side trip off exit 16 if I 'm ever down there! THanks!

15. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

I've been there twice in the last couple of months and have to say they are top notch, great customer service and extremely friendly. J.M. and Dan both will go out of their way to accomadate you.

16. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Nice haul, Sean!

I've been wanting to drop in there for a couple years now, but the succubus/harpy/love of my life knows not to even slow down while driving by. One day...

17. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Don't you drive Kyle? "Sorry honey, damned car has a mind of its own. How the H.. did we end up in front of THIS place? Oh well, might as well go on in...you don't have to come along...you'd just be bored......"

Never works for me either..................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.