1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Man do I HATE

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Puff The Magic, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

It's not uncommon for me to have like 3-4 briars going at once! Crazy but it's my only way of maintaining sanity while trying to force something that takes time and several well smoked bowls to do.

I'll get one going and as she heats up, I'll get a 2nd, then a 3rd. The only thing that keeps me from going nuts is having a cob or a meer at the ready-loaded-and waiting.

I bet you guys think I'm crazy, well, I'm one ahead of you......... I AM CRAZY! :)

Been smoking a bunch o'briars lately, getting 'em fired up and bottoms warmed. One nice consolation is that pipes (briars) that never smoked well for me, either too much gurgle, or wet heel, or just something that deep-6'd the bowl are now smoking quite nicely. Have a Pete that I could never seem to get to smoke to the bottom, she'd always cut me off in the last 1/3 or even last 1/4 of the bowl. Wet, nasty, yikkk! So, I guess smoking all of these has taught me patience and the freedom to "put her down" to be picked up later. So far, they're coming along nicely but they still do have a ways to go before I can smoke 'em without any fuss. Now my cobs, otoh, have all been stellar! Sanity! Thank MM for cobs!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

2. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

I understand a hot pipe. Are you saying as soon the pipe you are smoking starts smoking hot you light another pipe? Just wondering... I am a puffer so most times I smoked the pipe gets at least a little warm. I actually like to feel that warmth in my hand. Not so hot I get burnt, but enough to know the pipe is being enjoyed.

Could it be the toby?
    Z

3. Sanity082

Sanity082 Member

I am looking forward to breaking in my first pipe

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

These are "virgin" to smoked a few (to several) times and I try not to let 'em get "HOT"........that's why once she gets going (not HOT), I fire up another girl who's in line to get broken in. Madness!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

5. Charring Light

Charring Light Member

Years ago there was a product called the Pipe King. It would smoke your pipe for you to break in a new pipe. It was also used for cleaning the pipe. Rather expensive as I recall.

6. Rider

Rider Member

if i wasnt already sure that you were nuttier than squirrel turds this would prove my suspicions :cool:

7. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

I want one.

I think it could be done with an aquarium pump and rubber tubing, and someday I'll try it.

8. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Well, if you wouldn't buy so many.... :roflmao:
    What am i saying? :flowers:

dp

9. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Puff you are crazy, but also ingenious. After you gave me this idea over the summer, it is now how I break in new pipes. I however break only one in at once, the other pipe is already broken in or a cob.

10. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

Not bad, but by the same token, you could just buy a used pipe

11. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

True, but there's nothing like
    a pipe that only you have owned.
    It's special-er that way. :eek:hyeah:

dp

12. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

True, that is!

13. raffles07

raffles07 Member

I have one! I made it with a bicyle pump. Took it apart and reversed the end so it sucks rather than blows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.