1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Mario Grandi?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by mainstreetpipe, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mainstreetpipe

mainstreetpipe New Member

what is the pipe worlds take on mario grandi? I have one of his pipes and im not totally impressed. It seems though a large population of people love his pipes. how about you guys?

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

From my experience, they are nicely made, good smoking pipes that appear more expensive than they are. I rarely smoke mine anymore but it's because I smoke meerschaum 98% of the time. What's up with your MG that causes you to be less than impressed?

3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Thread moved to a more appropriate sub-forum.

I've seen some stunning(looking) MG pieces for little scratch. Why not impressed, mainstreet? It's internal engineering and smokeability?

4. Thaisamurai

Thaisamurai Member

I just got a couple of MGs, and my only problem is that for one of them, the pipe cleaner won't go all the way through. Otherwise, I think mine smoke very nicely.

5. mainstreetpipe

mainstreetpipe New Member

The pipe does look great the weight is a little low 44 grams it seems like it should weigh a lot more. The draw is very fast. overall its not bad. But what it seems like is that i see that his pipes are popular and great thing are writen about them all the time. I cant put my finger on it but for some reason that absolutly eludes me is that the overall feeling of the pipe does not seem like quality. The only thing i can guess is that i have not been smoking long enough to make a true judgement. That is why i ask you guys and then maybe in time i will learn a thing or two. (like knowing a good pipe when i see one)[​IMG]

6. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

I've had a few MG's that would not pass a cleaner, but they smoked just fine as well.

7. user2725

user2725 Active Member

I have only one MG but I love this pipe, everything about it....
    [​IMG]

8. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I've never heard anything bad about them. I haven't smoked one but, they do look nice.

9. RobRiguez

RobRiguez Member

Provokeme has one and because of him and how much he loves his, it is next on my list to add to my collection once I allow myself to indulge the PAD again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.