1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Mars Misc. box?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by F1guy, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F1guy

F1guy Member

So on Mars' website there is a box of basket briar pipes. 20 bucks for the box, doesn't say how much is in it.

I was wondering, are these worth investing in? Are they any good, or should I look elsewhere for a briar pipe?

Here's the link

http://www.marscigars.com/basketpipes.aspx

2. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

For the price, I say go for it! What the heck, seconds and basket pipes can be really good smokers, and for the most part you can pay anywheres from $20 to $40 a piece in the B&M for just one.

3. F1guy

F1guy Member

I think I might. I can get a few decent briars for less than one Grabow. I just don't know what size, etc the pipes will be.

4. Hugepom

Hugepom Member

I don't believe they mean that it's $20 for the entire box. It says to choose straight or bend, so i believe they intend on sending you just 1 out of the "basket pipe box"

5. E Mursed

E Mursed Member

You might be mistaken if you think you are getting the contents of the whole basket there.
    Seems from the drop down choices, you need to select bent or straight.
    That would seem to me that you are choosing the specifics of "a" pipe.

I may be wrong, but I would email them first and ask, instead of ordering expecting to get a box of pipes, only to receive one.

6. F1guy

F1guy Member

I think you might be right. 20 for a few briars seems a bit too low. I emailed the store to see what's up. If there's like 5-10 I'll jump on it. If not, I'll just throw another 10 on it and get a Grabow.

7. dhintonca

dhintonca Member

Yes, my take on it is also "1 pipe = $20". Still could be a good deal!

8. F1guy

F1guy Member

So you all were right (see, this is why I check here before buying :p:)

It was one pipe/$20. I still might consider it later down the road, once I can let go $20 for a sight-unseen pipe.

Until then I'll prolly stick with cobs until I get my first Grabow or Altinok.

Thanks again everyone!

Preacher1611 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.