1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Match This Price Of A Pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Paul99, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul99

Paul99 Member

2. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Member

That's nothing...I recently saw a Bo Nordh Horn go on ebay for $7500, and some have sold for even more...in fact, it might have been this one on pipedia...

[​IMG]

3. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

...and I thought Peterson's "sovereign" range was dear! O.K. - own up you're bidding for it aren't you?

Happy smoking whatever,

Gerry

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

To me , no pipe is worth that kind of money .... mostly those danish makers that make pipes shaped like balls .... The importers in Nashville were taking the makers price , say 300.00 and selling them for 900
    .00 which is so lame .... But people fall for lines of b.s. . I mean so you stain a pipe black [ or a dark color ] and then sand it mostly off and then stain it orange to highlight the grain at brand new and have a 14 mm draw as opposed to a whatever " other " size..... so what .... it's gimmick ...The 4,000 dollar golf club set is only gonna get you a few yards more than a 400 dollar set .Pipes are the same . There is no magic briar unless you buy it from the guy that jack bought his beans from .yeah, theres **** briar , good briar and best briar . Yeah a good draw is better than a **** draw but these things dont take any more time or money just know how and i'm sorry but some Danish ball shape pipe maker dosent have it over anyone else ... I know the link was a GBD but I just wanted to rant .... ;) :lol:

5. wataru

wataru Member

$2000, I can get a Shaker kit, 8.8'' rear end and have both installed on my Mustang.

That pipe needs to be hand delivered by an Asian stripper in a thong with a bucket of fried chicken.

6. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

And she better be ready to feed me her chicken all night long! ;)

7. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Sheee-it! I'd never want to light either of them at those prices! ;)

8. piper965

piper965 Member

To be perfectly honest. I would love to have either of those pipes. And I would smoke the hell out of the too! Fortunatly I haven't become independently wealthy yet so I don't have to worry about things like that!

9. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

Hmmmm. "Buy It Now" prices don't mean much with pipes. In this GBD case I'd say the seller is dreaming; based on his other listings his expertise appears to be in used shoes, not $2000 pipes. [​IMG]

Similarly, I saw a very decent $120-value Brakner listed this morning by an idiot in Prague for 4x it's estimated value.

Inexperienced buyers of used pipes - beware.

10. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Wonder what they'd say about an offer of 50 bucks??? :)

11. Marc

Marc Active Member

Like the old saying goes ... A fool and his money are soon parted ... If I've learned anything over the past 30+ years of pipe smoking, is that, it's not the price of the pipe that makes it smoke good, it's the smoker behind the pipe! [​IMG]

12. JD1969

JD1969 Member

13. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.