1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

MB Golden Extra

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by woody, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woody

woody Aloha! Admin

I've been smoking BLB for some time now and it has pretty much been my all day smoke. I recently got around to trying Golden Extra and must say that BLB now has some serious competition for my all day smoke. MB GE is very good. It seems a bit sweeter than BLB. Regardless, I could smoke either one now.

2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Yep, Ruffino turned me on to Golden
    Extra. It's now my main choice during
    the commute to and from work.

dp

3. woody

woody Aloha! Admin

Yeah he's the same one that brought it to my attention as well. Good job Ruffino! :puffy:

4. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

You might try some Symphony as well. It's a burley/VA/cavendish blend, which gives it a little extra oomph. It's the only Mac Baren blend in my rotation.

5. woody

woody Aloha! Admin

It's all priced good and available in bulk. Jesla sent me some Symphony a while back I guess it's time to try it again being I can smoke MBs now. I was still a newb when I tried it the first time.

6. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

Don Ruffino sent me some in a trade a little while ago and it is a great smoke, I went and got me a pound a couple weeks later. I haven't tried BLB yet but I've been perfectly satisfied with the Golden Extra.

7. woody

woody Aloha! Admin

They are very similar.

8. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Ruffino should get a commission from MB. :eek:hyeah:

I have an unopened tin and am more excited about trying it after reading your opinions. As soon as I polish off my Wessex Burley Slice I'll give it a go.

9. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

OMG ..... Is someone going on about MB GE :) Damn woddy , I should have sent you some ages ago . My bad .

I've got an analogy for GE and BLB ... It's the same diffrence as SWR to PA . SWR and GE have a sweet on the edge thing where as BLB and PA are more the nut/choc burley .
    I'm glad someone else is diggin it . It's my benchmark blend . This time of year it's really tops . After Mass this Sunday I'm takin the family out for a picnic in the
    mini van we picked up yesterday [ I drive a silverado .. just in case you were thinkin ] and I'll be looking out at some view smokin GE and then drink some of this ... http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab13/ruffinogold/stuff/ruffino.jpg

10. Beale

Beale Active Member

Ok I am so new to all this stuff? What is BLB and MB GE? The next question is where to buy? Beale.

11. ruffinogold

GE / Golden Extra and BLB / Burley london Blend are two Burley tobacco blends from MacBaren / MB . You can buy it at any online etailer . Both blends come in bulk as well . Imo MB makes high quality consistant blends decade after decade .

12. Beale

Beale Active Member

Thank you? Boy I gots a lot to learn! This is fun for me! i love learning new things, Beale.

13. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

Great found out about this the day after making an order. TAD continues.

14. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

And it never ends, either! When I first signed up w/PSF I had 4 tobaccos and no tins. Now I have 11 lbs and a long TAD list that keeps growing.

15. ruffinogold

Lol ... me too . I had GE , Cherry Blend , SWR and something else .... I was happy w/ no issues . Then I find this place . I've got 20 blends in variuos states . Freakin PSF :)
    It doses motivate me to try new things . I did a trade with Wicklow [ good dude ] and got turned on to SG Firedance ... it's been a high point for me .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.