1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Mcbaren Honey And Chocolate

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by blackpipe, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackpipe

blackpipe Member

I recently got tin of Mcbaren honey and chocolate,and well its okay the problem is i cant really taste any chocolate in it,Its got more of a sweet taste maybe the honey overpowers the chocolte i dont know.Ive only smoked two bowls out of it.To highlith the positives it has no bite and gives quiet a pleasant nicotine buzz without inhaling.Do any of you guys have experience with this tabacco? ive been smoking it in my aromatic pipe

thank you for your help

Marco

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I smoked about 2 bowls of that stuff, thought it tasted like chocolate milk, and passed it to a friend. I wonder if your pipe is coloring the flavor. If you've smoked other aromatics, fruity ones or whatever, it may be hindering the flavor of the H and C blend....

3. blackpipe

blackpipe Member

yeah, I smoked butternut burley on the same pipe

4. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

A fresh cob or a meerschaum should allow all the flavor to come through....these two pipes don't ghost as much as briars...........

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Butternut Burley is persistent in a pipe to put it mildly ( I like it actually ) even in a meer.

A fresh pipe should bring iut the flavour of the new tobacco - a cob should do it just fine. I'm just starting to experiment with Mac Barens blends and will be very interested to hear what you think of this one,

Happy smoking

Gerry

6. Brian

Brian Member

I noticed with MacBaren that I got a lot more of the flavor I expected when I smoked it in a much larger-bowel pipe. Otherwise to me, the flavor was hard to develop in a regular (smaller) pipe (I am thinking of a Dr Grabow Grand Duke when I say smaller). YMMV, but that has been my experience.

I've never tried that particular blend, but perhaps the theory might be the same.

7. Legend

Legend Member

This is the ticket with the MacBaren's-larger bowled pipes, in my experience as well. If you do smoke them in cobs (I do at times), be sure it's a larger bowled cob such as a freehand or Country Gentleman. Lastly, with MacBarens, I recommend a loose pack, and you will be rewarded.

8. Philthy

Philthy Member

I didnt get much out of it when I tried it either. Boy the aroma stays in my kit bag though! I finally had to double bag it and then removed it.

I may have been suffering form the same ghosting problem mentioned. I still have a couple fo ounces so maybe I will go back and try it again.

9. blackpipe

blackpipe Member

I tried it on a fresh Cob still no chocolate flavor .Its not bad just not chocolate, it has a sweet kinda taste thou

10. grga

grga Member

I tried it too, several months ago, no chocolate, no honey, just chemistry.
    The worst tobby ever!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.