1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

mcbaren mixture

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by rikowrites, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rikowrites

rikowrites New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I have smoked Mc Baren mixture for two decades since it is my go to smoke. I also like Va/Per blends. Mixture is a blend of more than 30 tobaccos that have been enjoyed for 50 some years. It has a pleasant tin aroma and stays lit quite well. It stays consistently flavorful throughout the bowl ---without one predominant tobacco. It is a light aromatic with some casing. Try it if you haven't !
  2. mhnd Al

mhnd Al Member

Oct 18, 2010
    I tried vanilla and cherry Mac barens, and on the way to try the navy ( I got no idea of its taste ), and then I'll take the mixture.
    Soon enough ;)
  3. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Aug 28, 2010
    I smoked nothing but Scottish Mixture (as it used to be called) throughout the 70s. A person used to be able to get it in a pouch at the local drugstore (along with Balkan Sobranie and Brush Creek, but nevermind). I've had some recently and it's still the same, as far as I can tell. One of the few that doesn't become completely ghastly at the bottom of the bowl.

Burley really brings me down lately, so I don't keep any Mixture around-- I'll always have warm memories of it, though.
  4. Wydeboi

Wydeboi Member

Dec 27, 2009
    I like the McBarren Golden so I think I should give the mixture a try, thanks for the tip.
  5. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

Oct 9, 2010
    This was the first good pipe tobacco I had ever had, I was (and still am) in love with the stuff. I admit it gave me a fierce tongue bite but I made my way through that first tin and still enjoyed it. It taught me how to properly smoke a pipe and was a great learning experience. I always have some on hand and have many fond memories tied to it.
  6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Vaperburlataro ! Mayor

Sep 25, 2009
    The last Scotish mixture I had was when I finished a 5 lb bag .. if that tells ya anything . It's a killer smoke . The room note is perfect . The burn is perfect . And as you say it's consistant over a bazillion years . Shortly after I finished that last bag I fell back into burley . It's one of the great blends
  7. Brian

Brian Member

Oct 26, 2009
    I like MacB Scottish Mixture. Another similar blend (in my mind) is MacBaren's Symphony (aka Harmony) blend. I think I like it a little more than Mixture. It has more VA in it.
  8. sakis

sakis Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Hi all,
    Today i buy a tin of that mixture and when i open it i just smell the tomato ketchup .I don't know why these tobacco give that smell.
    So after that i fill a ball and the smoking was very nice .
    Liked it but i am thinking of the next time i am planning to open the tin again.
    Bad Smell.But nice smoking aromatic blend.
    What else to say.
    I think i will smoke it till the end but i don't think will buy again.Maybe after few weeks will update if something change about it.
  9. cmw00

cmw00 Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Definitely doesn't give me a ketchup smell like McClellands. I thought Mixture smells very sweet and tobaccoie. It's probably my favorite blend at the moment!
  10. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Sep 17, 2009
    I love MB blends, almost all of them. Has anyone tried their The Solent Mixture? It is a wonderful blend you don't hear much about.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.