McCl Va & Va-Per "train ride"

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Puff The Magic, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

I'm back, and what a ride it was! Today, the following was the route:

Peter Heinrich Golden Sliced, nice mild & mellow Va. Nice wake-up bowl.

McCl Boston 1776, good Va, look forward to smoking again!

McCl Brindle Flake, this one really took me! I like this one, will get more.

McCl Black Parrot, this was a nice smoke and look forward to smoking again.

McCl Pebble Cut, not quite sure on this one, I'll have to re-visit, I feel my tastes were "off". so I took a detour and had a bowl of:

McCl 2015, this is a regular for me and smoking this made me realize my tastes were a touch off but still satisfying as usual. Very hard to beat 2015, flavor, smoke-ability, behavior in the bowl, and price! What can I say?!

Brindle Flake is the gem of this bunch in Puff's opinion. Definitely plan on re-visiting this one soon.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

2. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Sounds like a good weekend. I went to get some flake yesterday and was recommended the boston 1776. Glad to hear you like it, the two reviews online were not good enough for me to open it before the University flake. Maybe I should open that tin soon...

3. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Puff I wish I could have been there to join you for this ride. I love the PH GS, and all the others I picked up when they were reintroduced.

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Overall, it was a fine 2 days! Saturday was Orient Express, Sunday was Va to Louisiana! I will say one thing, smoking orientals back to back or Va & Va-Pers back to back sort of takes away from the others but does give immediate A-B comparos. I was getting worn out (or at least my tongue and tastebuds were) by Sunday eve. I prefer to choose "whatever & whenever" but these were "new to me" and I wanted to dive into them to see what bells they rang. Or, in english, what was to be included in Septembers TAD-list. One I didn't get to try but will (it was out of stock, it must be good!) was Tudor Castle. Will do so shortly though, when it comes back in stock.

Never really gave Orientals or Syrian Latakias a fair shake, this weekend, they rocked my world! What a train ride!

:whistle:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

5. Jay

Jay Active Member

I don't know about you guys, but it might be worth a trip to Puff's house to smoke his weed with his new pipes just to help him out with the overwhelming abundance that he has. I'm sure he would share.

J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.