1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

McClelland Anniversay 2002

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by FlatbushPaul, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Hi All,
    I was able to get a tin of McClelland Anniversary 2002 and was wondering if anyone has tried it. I have opened the tin but I haven't tried it yet. It has a wonderful tin note. I hope it smokes as good as it smells. It has some of that ketchupy smell that McClelland Virginias have but the Lat gives it a really sweet aroma to go along with it. I am interested in any comments that you guys might have.

thanks,
    Paul

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I find this tobacco amazing. It's just virginia and latakia. It seems like this would be the easiest blend to recreate - just mix latakia together with virginia. As an amateur blender, I can tell you it is not.

This is a sweet, complex blend that can be puffed with a big of vigor if so desired. The strength is minimal but the flavor is maximal. Can be puffed at any time of the day. Really an excellent blend and is a large part of my cellar. Good call on picking that one up. If you decide you don't like it, you know where to send it! ;)

FlatbushPaul likes this.
  3. Capt

Capt Active Member

Totally agree. I still have 1 tin left. Awesome stuff!

4. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Thanks for your input, I am going to fire it up in a Davorin Morta pipe I just received. I am breaking it in with English blends. I hope the Squadron Leader I have smoked in it doesn't overpower the Anniversary.

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.