McClelland Jubilee

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by pottsy, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pottsy

pottsy Member

OK, loaded up a bowl of Jubilee in my Mario Grandi Freehand, I really do like Jubilee, this is darn good smoke. I can't analyze tobacco like some folks can, but I know what I like when I smoke it. This stuff is superb. I think it will be in my regular rotation.

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Potts, I had a friend over the other night, a really well-versed dude in terms of tobaccos. This is a guy why I have taken out some pretty incredible tins for, really rare stuff, and he'll say "Oh yeah, that's pretty nice, a little sweet..."

So the other night I pulled out the Jubilee, and he loaded a bowl, and lit it up, and was ... silent! Woo hoo!

Then the comments came: Sharp. But that's good. Sharp is usually fine in a second. What is that deertongue in there?

I said I didn't know. Can says Va, perique, latakia, and I suspect that the periqe is doing the talking....

but it's a damn nice smoke. Not super heavy, but tasty and full, and just right for sweetness.

3. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Thanks for the observations, been thinking of trying that one.

4. Longrifle3006

Longrifle3006 Member

I've had a tin of Jubilee in the cellar for a month or so, decided to crack it open last night after reading this thread. Different than what I'm used to, but good.
    I don't think the flavor is deertongue, that's different to my taste buds. (if you want deertongue, try C&D "Crooner")

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.