1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

McClelland's Anniversary

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Cygnus, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cygnus

Cygnus Member

First off, I'm not sure if this is the proper forum to post this topic in since I'm mentioning both a specific tobacco but am trying to figure out how to smoke it, but here goes:

I'm sure many here are no doubt familiar with McClelland's Anniversary. I have a tin of it, and it's a lovely tobacco. In fact, I'd say it's one of my favorites so far. My question is this: in my tin, there are quite a few 'clumps' where the tobacco is stuck together, and a lot of it seems to be the latakia. Should I 'rub' or otherwise break apart these little flakes like I'm doing now, or would it be better to leave them whole and smoke them the way they are? It seems like the second option would create some inconsistencies in the packing, but I don't know.

2. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I would break them up. I think it will pack and smoke better. I always break up any clumps of toby.

Phil.

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Whatever you think is best and your correct it is a wonderful weed.

4. Cygnus

Cygnus Member

I do too. I've also noticed that some of the ribbons are really clumpy, while others are of smaller degrees of thickness. I'll try experimenting with rubbing out some of the thicker ones and leaving the thinner ones alone. I might also rub them all out.

5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

The "advantage" of leaving it as is, if there is one, would be that you'd get occassional bursts of certain tobacco flavors as you smoked. The more you rub things out, the more uniform the taste profile will be as you burn.

Club Blend, which all tobacco conversations should involve, is basically two totally different tobaccos wrapped up in discs, and if you rub it out, you get a single unified flavor the whole pipe through, and if you put it in "clumpy" sometimes you get virginia, and sometimes punchy cavendish, and sometimes both, so it's the same tobacco but presents differently.

FWIW my anniversary is quite uniform, so I'm not sure what to tell you about what you are seeing, in terms of what leaf it is.

6. Brian

Brian Member

LOL Sasquatch

Now I have to go smoke some Club Blend. Your description gave me a craving for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.