McClellands Tastemaster worth a second tin??

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Jomodeere, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jomodeere

Jomodeere Member

I'm about to run out of my tastemaster that I recently bought and I want to know if I should order another tin or keep widening my palate to the wonderful world of pipe tobaccos?

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

IF, and only if, you are going to miss the Tastemaster when it's done, then order more. But order something different too, just to keep learning.

On the other hand, if you are ready to move on, then just branch out in whatever way makes sense to you, and if you find you don't miss the Tastemaster fine, and if you do... order more!

3. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I got my first tin of Tastemaster a couple of weeks ago. I'm not into aromatics that much. The description sounded good so I took a chance. It goes great with my first black coffee in the morning. Good stuff!

I try to order most of my smokes in bulk, if I can find them that way. Well, I can't get it in bulk so I ordered McCellands #620 Mocha Black and their #710 Columbian Mocha. Both descriptions sound like, one of these could be Tastemaster in bulk.

I'll have both in a couple of days. I'll send you a PM once I've had the chance to smoke them.I'll let you know if either is close to Tastemaster.
    Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.

4. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

......depends - how much you like the stuff, who knows? (apart from you!) :dunno:

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

As I always say there's no hard and fast rules in this game - just what suits individuals.

For my own part, at one stage in my life, having done the tobacco experimenting thing in my youth - I settled for smoking Condor very happily almost exclusively for over 10 years and have never regretted that.

Even at this atge I have about 4 - 6 tobacos that I may wander away from for a short spell but which call me back time after time and one of them I first discovered in 1971.

Basically only you can answer the question - if you want, really want to try something else do so, but if yo're happy with the tobacco you have stick with it for the meantime.

A very experienced pipe smoking friend of mine has only smoked Borkum Riff in an African Meer since 1982 and he's happy with that marriage regardless of what others may think.

Happy smoking

Gerry

6. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Sending you a PM asking for your address.
    Ol Brokedik.

7. grga

grga Member

I'd like to suggest you to try Town Topic too.

8. ZuluSafari

ZuluSafari Member

I heartily agree with this advice! I am finishing up my Tastemaster, and really have enjoyed it also. I will pick up some more soon. Town Topic is another McClelland aromatic that has good flavor as well as wonderful room note - if you enjoy maple. I tried MAple Street first, and like it too, but the quality is higher with the Town Topic, and there is less tendency to tickle my throat or bite my tongue if I get loose with my technique. The Town Topic also has a better aftertaste compared to Maple Street. I smoke both, though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.