1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Me likey this pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ruffinogold, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I'm diggin this pipe . I imagine it filled w/ Ogden Walnut smoking super cool . I've never tried their pipes or their maple inserts . I figure a Canadian made by Canadians has gotta be pretty damn good ! I'd like to pull the trigger on this one but I dont spend that kind of money on a pipes anymore . Whoever likes Canadian pipes would probably dig this pipe

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Brigham/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=101085

Klauswermann likes this.
  2. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Yep that's a nice one Ruffinogold. Reminds me a bit of the old BBB's.

ruffinogold likes this.
  3. lifeon2

lifeon2 Member

That is nice but a littel to rich for me I dont think I spent that much for all of my canadians.

4. ruffinogold

I hear ya . 100 bucks is some money . If I didnt mind spending 100 bucks on a pipe [ which I do ] I'd bag this one for some reason .... it just looks classic / perfect . How many Canadians do ya got ?

5. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Me likey too. I've got two Canadains, one is my beloved first pipe (some Italian-made second/basket pipe with a pipe shop' name stamped/engraved in it) and the other is a Pete 2012 St. Paddy Day pipe. I think two Canadians is enough for me.

6. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Well, in reality I think it's a Canadian built by Italians for Canadians :D

Brigham sent production to Italy a while ago, if I'm not mistaken. I have been able to acquire several estate Brighams that were made in Canada, but I think it was in the early 90s that they made the switch.

7. ruffinogold

Italians are talented people ... but maybe not as talented as the French , whom to their credit , were able to teach the Canadians to play Hockey .. which is a feat about as big as the aqueducts :) . Though Ottawa didnt pull it off the other day

I dont know much about Bringhams except that I like the way many of them look .. and the maple insert option is cool . They seem to have a good eye for shapes ... I'd like to have one at some point . Btw , I have a 4300 psi Dewalt pressure washer and I noticed that the engine/pump was made in Italy . I figured it was American .... but we dont make much any more

8. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I have mostly estate Brighams (6 of them, including my Grandfather's Sportsman), but the seventh is a new one, so made in Italy, and it is a darn nice smoker. The rock maple inserts are usually quite damp at the end of a smoke, which indicates to me that they work. I usually clean it out a bit with a cleaner, rinse it with hot water and then leave it out to dry overnight. I've read that you can get a ton of smokes out of a single insert by keeping it clean and fresh. Sure, it adds an extra step to the cleaning process, but worth it for me so far.

9. ruffinogold

That sounds brilliant to me as I throw out a gross Medico paper filter from my MM Legend . I think I'm sold on the Bringhams ... thanks ! :th1:

10. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

That's one sweet pipe, Ruff! Go4It! Say, what the diff between a Canadian and a Lumberman? I'm talkin' pipes, smartarses.:p:

11. ruffinogold

LOl ! I'm not sure but imo ... a Canadian needs to be pretty long . The lumbermans seem to be somewhat longer than a regular pipe w/ a billiard shaped bowl or beefy in heft . I doubt thats accurate but just something I've noticed w/ the way lumberman get listed

12. Beale

Beale Active Member

Very sweet pipe! In my case it is a tank of gas and $30 left.

Rodfather and SmokeyJoe like this.
  13. Chriss

Chriss Member

me 2, I like that style a lot

14. ruffinogold

The old BBB are stellar classic pipes !! Some of the best made :th1:

Spillproof likes this.
  15. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

Tank of gas and NO money left...
    :eek:

16. ruffinogold

17. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

That Brigham is definitely a nice pipe.

18. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

Those are both pretty sweet! I really like that Canadian, I really want one but I don't have $100 to spend!

19. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

What the hell Ruff? You're saving $19.49? :xd:

ruffinogold likes this.
  20. ruffinogold

Heck , I would but I have to buy an air conditioner if the truth be known . Downstairs is fine all year but upstairs it's 80 degrees . My bedroom has a small unit but the rest of upstairs is hot . Dear God man ... it's almost 90 outside . My boys are downstairs in 71 degrees ... must be nice .

cobbsmoker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.