1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Meer-lined 'Hyperbole'?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Old Ted, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Visiting my B&M yesterday I saw the new window display, that included a selection of Falcon pipes and several bowls. What looked like the biggest Falcon bowl I've seen - was a 'Hyperbole' with meerschaum lining, and I'm tempted to get one, for the times when I want a longer smoke from my Falcon. I've had quite a few block meers, but never a 'pressed' or 'moulded' one, or a meer lined bowl. Anyone smoking one of these?, please tell me if it's worth parting with my pennies!
    .......the Falcon saga rolls on!:)
  2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    I've one, it is large heavy and makes the pipe feel quite top heavy at times. Makes for a good long smoke and has not given me any trouble and proven quite durable. While strangely lacking fills, it fills the hand nicely.. The only real draw back is the additional weight which is made even more apparent by the lightness of the Falcon body.
  3. Marc

Marc Active Member

Jan 30, 2010
    I have never smoked a hyperbole because I smoke a straight Falcon and think those bowls because of the weight and height would be better suited for a bent Falcon for the balance, especially if you clench a pipe while smoking. I do not think they would smoke any different from the stand bowls; actually they look out of proportion to a stand Falcon stem.
  4. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Feb 11, 2010
    It's your money, so yes, it's worth it to me. :)

(No, I personally do not have one. I'm not adverse to the idea, though.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.