1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Meers from Altinok Pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by PipeMeister, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PipeMeister

PipeMeister Member

I'm about to place my first order for a Meer Pipe, from Altinok Pipe located in Turkey.
    I live in Canada and was wondering if there are any other Canadians (or non Canadians) that have purchased from them in the past.
    How was the experience? How long did it take to ship?

Thx in advance!

PipeMeister

2. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

I have a number of Sinan's pipes, all excellent pieces. He's a great guy and his service is the best. My last one was a commission freehand and took about a week to arrive after it was finished. His packaging was solid, and we followed up afterward with a long, friendly conversation. Even though it's been a couple of years since my last purchase, (gotta remedy that!)I always get a Christmas greeting from him....good people!
    You will enjoy your new Meer...guaranteed!

3. PipeMeister

PipeMeister Member

Thanks T!

I just placed the order, now I'm really excited! Indeed, Sinan seems incredibly nice to deal with.

PM

4. Gondar

Gondar Member

I bought a pipe there not long ago and was very happy with the experience. Easy to deal with, excellent communication all the way and I love my meer too.

5. PipeMeister

PipeMeister Member

Hey Gondar,

Holy Mackerel, I just searched your post, it appears I've ordered the same pipe as you!!!
    I asked for a modification to the shank so it would be straight.. GOOD GRIEF!, Heheh, looks like you did the same thing :roflmao: :cheers:

Very sweet pipe by the look of your pics, I'm curious, how heavy is it? Looks magnificent! :eek:hyeah:

PipeMeister

6. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

I *TOLD* you he had a good rep! :thumbsu: Pics when it arrives...or it didn't happen...... :whistle:

7. Gondar

Gondar Member

:eek:hyeah: It is not that heavy at all. I was surprised to find how light it is. It can even quite easily be clenched for a little while, not for very long though.

I have only smoked it some five times, but every time I find stronger, and also additional flavours compared to my other pipes. The first smoke ghosted a bit with wax (I think) though, because I did not wipe it clean inside the bowl. No big problem though, still a great smoke.

It took a while to arrive, but it was well worth the wait.

Congreats on your score ... and on your excellent taste in pipes. :cheers:

8. PipeMeister

PipeMeister Member

Roger that t-bear , Pics will come when the Meer shows up at the door ;)

Gondor, glad to hear it's not a heavy beast, great minds think alike eh, we must be related .. :punk:

Just hope it arrives sooner rather than later !!

-PipeMesiter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.