1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Meerschaum & Bamboo Cob "Ratty" Pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Polymoog, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polymoog

Polymoog Member

Hi everyone, Just cleaned this one up today from my stash and i thought id try it out before selling but oh boy does this smoke good!
    I ve never seen a bamboo and meerschaum pipe before and the smoke is really clean and flavourful.
    Can anyone tell me about it?
    It has a little pipe symbol on the stem and The letter F Stamped on the Shank
    Ironically one of my worst looking pipes smokes the best!

Pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PipeWife and Preacher1611 like this.
  2. Bradabelko4

Bradabelko4 Member

Looks awesome! Thats all I know about that pipe

3. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

I like it, wish I had some info. on the manufacturer for you.

4. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

That is intriguing. An "ugly" but great smoker ... yeah I pulled a few out of my (MUCH smaller) estate box as well. If you don't keep it for yourself (and I would!) then PM me, because that would match a couple other "ugly" old scarred warhorses on my rack.

5. Polymoog

Polymoog Member

just finished the first smoke in this "Ugly Sister" and she's coming home with me for a date tonight with Mr..... ST Bruno ;)

PipeWife likes this.
  6. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

We can't all be pretty, hun. Sounds like you have a diamond in the rough there.

7. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

I *love* her! Never saw one with the bamboo directly into the bowl...interesting concept. Does that joint get hot on you? From the patina on the bamboo, it looks to be an old and well loved pipe. Keep it.....or send it here.....just a thought......:ohyh: I never trade off a pipe until I've smoked a few bowls through it.....as my wife will testify, looks ain't everything!

I can't help you with an ID....sorry! The shank & bit don't quite match up...*might* be an "after-market" replacement. That don't hurt the pipe though...especially if it smokes as good as you say. That after all, is what this is all about....right?!?

8. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

If its too ugly for you, I'd be happy to endure the eye sore so that you may look at more pleasant things....

9. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Y'all get in line ... I offered first!

(Invoking the Two-Year-Old's Rules of Possession here.)

Skrymr likes this.
  10. Bradabelko4

Bradabelko4 Member

But I thought about it first! :P

11. Polymoog

Polymoog Member

Sorry to disappoint you all but this "ugly duckling" is currently coping with a flake and a half of finest St Bruno and its a match made in heaven.
    Has any one seen anything similar before because im really curious, Id love another one even, to try new blends and keep this one just for my Bruno!

PipeWife likes this.
  12. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

I've seen lots of bamboo meers...even owned a few, but never with the "cob-like" set-up. I have a busted-shank meer around here somewhere, and a couple of sticks of bamboo....hmmmmmmm!

13. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

So you're saying once it's loaded up with tobacco it turns into a beautiful swan.

14. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

ALL meerschaums are beautiful swans my dear...it's their nature! :th1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.