1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Meeting up with local member

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by soundlzrd, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Last Friday I had the opportunity to meet up with a PSF member who lives in the same general area that I do. I will let them come forward if they choose. I sent him a PM and asked if he would like to join me and some friends that frequent the local cigar and pipe shop. I was a bit out of character as I enjoyed an infrequent cigar. However, I enjoyed getting to know yet another forum member face to face and hope they are able to visit us again soon.

There is one problem. Any time I meet up with a fellow PSFer, I find the need to buy more pipes. First I blame Puff for my MT addition and showing me first hand how good a SAS pipe is. Friday pushed me over the edge and I have, hopefully, a SAS pipe on the way soon.

I recommend if you notice someone is in your area, invite them out for a pipe. Both times I have been able to enjoy PSFers company in person it has been a great time. :cheers:

Sean

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

You hang out with Puff? He didn't make you smoke burley in corncobs?

3. Hothog

Hothog Member

Try South Africa to meet friends. Not many pipe smokers here anymore. Unless I don't know where they hang out, but our tobaccos are the best.

4. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

Ah. Pipe internet dating. Lemme tell you what I think about that...

You nailed it, Seanno. It's not about laptops - it's all about real life. The love, the fun, the brotherhood and the friendships that accrue - and UNREMITTING good spirit and giving with no expectation of return. It's about how fortunate we all are to have this day with family and friends, new and old. All the fancy pipes in the world aren't worth one friend you'll make here (or anywhere). Merry Christmas ya bastages. Thanks for the smiles, the good advice, the generosity, the respectful tone and the simple, common courtesy that keeps it good.

Nice you got to meet a brother, share a day and make a friend.

5. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Nah, it was at a pipe show, he had to bring the good stuff. :thumbsu: And all we smoked was Va's and vapers. Good stuff.

Often times I see people hide beind there laptops and not get out and actually meet people. A forum I was part of in WA, not pipe related, made a big point of getting together at least once a quarter to hang out. Some of my best friendships out there came from that place.

6. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Where are you at Sean?

7. Grammaton

Grammaton Member

I was a member of a cigar/pipe forum for a while and we had a "herf" at a local tobacco shop once. There were about twelve of us in that tiny shop. It was a lot of fun.

8. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

I really enjoy stories about PSFers meeting up IRL. Hopefully, if things work out, I'll get a chance to meet a few of you down the road!

9. pottsy

pottsy Member

We seem to have quite a few folks around the Raleigh area. We would invade Pipes By George one Saturday and hang out.

10. SSGpiper

SSGpiper Member

I really enjoyed meeting ya and selling you on a Sas (that was 50% commission Sas?). I will get back out there again at least once more before we move. Interestingly, I showed you a meer, a 36 year old Dunhill and my Sas and it's the Sas you couldn't do without - says alot. If I wasn't getting out of the area, I would work at setting up a more structured and regular get together for everyone in the area (cause everyone should have a chance at being blessed with my presence). Really Sean, it was great to smoke with you and I am looking forward to doing it again.
    :thankyou:

11. telltime

telltime Active Member

Seeing this post just makes me fell bad that I haven't met up with Puff yet. We live not more than 10 - 15 miles from each other and even have each others phone #s. Time is just so short with two small kids and work...

Puff, if you see this: My wife is leaving with the kids for her folks on Monday (if we don't get snowed in). Other than work, I am free before Thursday. If you're around and not too busy let's make it a priority to meet up.

If anyone else is in the area (Baltimore/DC), PM me. I'll post a topic in the "Events" section if there is enough interest and pick a place (like the Tinderbox in Waldorf - They have a bar, seating, etc.!).

Otherwise, Puff, if you are available let's pick a time and place!!

12. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Mington, Columbus area.

Well, I know your profession, there is no way I am getting the meer or dunhill from you. The meer is beautifully colored. Actually did make me pick up my meer again and smoke it again. So, that left the SAS as the only attanable pipe. Come to think of it...what did it say that it was the SAS you decided to smoke out of the three? :thumbsu:

Gonna be there again tomorrow if you have time. However much earlier.

13. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

There ya go again Sean..........blaming me for a bunch o'stuff where I was just trying to help! Sheesh! :whistle:

It was fun! Let's do it again this Aug ('11) NASPC?

Devin, we'll hit it this time :) :thumbsu:

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

14. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Okay Ed, maybe you are not to blame. Maybe you are my high grade pipe mentor. You have yet to steer me wrong!

Sounds good, I am planning on it. Probably wont pick up much in the way of pipes, but plan on bringing more cash for toby! And a snack so I can just hang all day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.