Michigan Smokers?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Imcoolhandjoe, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imcoolhandjoe

Imcoolhandjoe Member

Hey guys. New piper here! Looking to see if there are any pipers in the Macomb/Oakland County area of Michigan?

Mington likes this.
  2. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome from the sw corner of the mitten, there are a few of us here, at various locations, check the member map to find out who is closest to you

Mington likes this.
  3. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Hi and welcome. I'm in sterling hgts and I think there is someone in chesterfield. Couple guys in Oakland county too.

Mington likes this.
  4. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Welcome from New Mexico
    [​IMG]

Mington likes this.
  5. bosun

bosun Active Member

Scenic St. Claire!!

Mington likes this.
  6. Imcoolhandjoe

Imcoolhandjoe Member

BigJ I also am from Sterling Heights! 19 and Schoehnerr area, yourself?

Mington likes this.
  7. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Lmao! I'm behind the fire station right there.

Mington likes this.
  8. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I sense a new smoking buddy in the local group. :th1:
    I am in Commerce Twsp.
    There are MANY Michigan pipers here in the forum and we have had a few get togethers too.
    Hope to meet you at a future smoke.

BigJ likes this.
  9. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I am the one in Chesterfield Township referenced by Big J. Welcome aboard!

10. Imcoolhandjoe

Imcoolhandjoe Member

Yes I absolutely want to be in the "group". I expect a message from you guys when you all get together!

11. Eric Pierson

I, too, would like to be a part of the next get together. How will I know of this event?

12. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

The last time we just started a thread in the event/get together section. Met with Ming and Capt for cigars once then a great gathering at Capt's. It's tricky getting together because somebody needs to host. Getting together for cigars are easier because everyone can just meet at the bar.

13. Eric Pierson

I know some of the cigar lounges don't allow pipe smoking, Have either of you (BigJ and CoolHand) inquired about pipe smoking at that cigar bar at m59 and Scheonherr. I stopped in there once to see if they had pipe tobacco. They did have like three varieties of the the flavors by CAO. I bought some Moontrance and was on my way. I will need to ask about that next time I am in. It would be great to meet at a place that allows pipe smoking. I think the J & R Cigar in Southfield actually has a pipe club that meets there. Does anyone know of that?

14. Imcoolhandjoe

Imcoolhandjoe Member

Eric, I just actually called that Cigar lounge on m59 and Schoehnerr (its spitting distance from my house). I was/am trying to find a local tobacco shop that sells decent tobacco, I seem to be striking out. They said they don't even sell pipe tobacco anymore. I could call and ask about pipe smoking though.

15. Eric Pierson

I can't believe they don't sell more pipe tobacco. That place is huge, they defintiely have the room for it. I have not had much luck with pipe tobacco on the east side although I have actually been fortunate to relieve some tobacco stores of old stock. That place is kind of an ideal meeting place for both East and West siders becasue of its location.

16. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

The law in Michigan only allows for pipe smoking in establishments that don serve alcohol/food. So pretty much if its a smoke shop and only a smoke shop it's ok. Jenuwines (hall & schoenherr) serves booze so cigars only. Same goes for the churchills in Birmingham and West Bloomfield. You can smoke pipes in their Southfield location, but if memory serves me correct its small with only 1-2 tables. I think some of the smoker outlets have lounges.

I asked about expanding the pipe tobacco selection at Jenuwines and was told it takes up too much space and nobody buys it anyways. I told the. If they didn't stock crapy tobacco, people would buy it. I guess they didn't take my suggestion.

17. Eric Pierson

Yes, there are two tables. Jr doesn't have much of a lounge. Funny I went to a strip club and smoked my pipe there all night a month and a half ago. These laws are just stupid.

Imcoolhandjoe and BigJ like this.
  18. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Yea they weren't too happy when I sat at the bar and fired up some SL. I was promptly asked to put it out.

19. Imcoolhandjoe

Imcoolhandjoe Member

There is a place in Ann Arbor called Tobacco Rose. I was in there recently and picked up a house blend from them a few weeks ago. I didn't look around too much but after I got home I went on their website and they have a pretty decent lounge. http://www.tobaccorosecigars.com/photos/photos.html

20. Eric Pierson

Wow! I never heard of that place, but it looks like they have a nice selection. Probably even worth the hour drive. Lounge does look roomy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.