Middleton's Apple

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by raisingale, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raisingale

raisingale Member

I have fond recollections of Middleton’s Apple as a discerning/sophisticated young man of about 15. (Pretentious!) Now that I’m well beyond that age I’d like to revisit the blend but can only find it online in packs of 6. It was an OTC blend in my misguided youth but I’ve searched far and wide locally with no luck. Does anyone encounter the pouches regularly? If so, perhaps we can trade something?
    Thanks!
    Chris

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

R-ale, I remember vividly smoking this pouch in the early mid 70's in a cob (17y/o, just joined the USAF then). The packaging and picture of the apple was what lured me, and that was the only apple I got! The picture. The 'baccy didn't give me any "apple" at all that I recall. I probably smoked it too hot but still no apple, not even on the first light. Smelled good in the pouch I recall but didn't enjoy it smoked. Best wishes on the "re-visit" though, never know, it may just be something you've been chasing for a while, sure is mentally, so there must be something there....... only one way to find out. Go burn some!

Most places that sell hookas and "head shop stops" sell pouches, may be worth a try if your "hood" has any B&M's of that sort. I found 3 tins of FVF in one at ~$7 each so, go look!

:thankyou:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

3. Rider

Rider Member

4. raisingale

raisingale Member

The pouch is what lured me to it as a youngster as well! I'll check the hookah style shops, didn't think of that. Thanks!

5. powell0892

powell0892 Member

I do not currently have any but my local store does (at least I recall they do) I am at the library at my college right now but will swing by my store on the way home and pick some up if they do, I will let you know this evening.

6. raisingale

raisingale Member

Awesome, thanks! If you can find some maybe we can work out a trade! I'm sure it won't live up to my fond memories but I'm dying to try it again after so many years!

7. powell0892

powell0892 Member

Hey I picked you some up fortunately they had it I understand I am very new to this forum so you may be weary in trading with me I assume all I can do is give you my word. If there is something else i can do please let me know. What do you have that you may want to trade?

8. powell0892

powell0892 Member

Hey raisingale unfortunately I can not PM yet because I have a 10 day waiting period I think is how it works but anyway I have your apple I surly do not want it haha so I guess just shoot me an e-mail and we can discuss the logistics of things.

powell0892@gmail.com

9. raisingale

raisingale Member

E-mail sent! Your newness to the forum doesn't worry me in the slightest! We'll work something out! Thanks in advance!

10. raisingale

raisingale Member

Thanks to Ted’s (Powell0892) generosity I finally got to try the Apple again after about a 25 year hiatus. As soon as I opened the pouch memories of my mis-spent youth flooded back. Upon smoking, it quickly dawned on me the main reason I wasn’t a dedicated pipe smoker at a much earlier age…. It doesn’t live up to the delightful pouch aroma. It’s not that it’s bad; it just can’t compete with most of the other delightful offerings that are available nowadays. Regardless, it was a fun trip down memory lane. Thanks for the kindness Ted. I hope the assortment I sent your way was worth your effort. Speaking of which, the extra you included was far superior to the Apple. My wife even enjoyed the aroma. Great stuff!

11. powell0892

powell0892 Member

Thanks raisingale, I had a bowl of the holmes last night while trying to catch a catfish with my wife, needless to say we caught a small gator instead. But I thoroughly enjoyed the holmes and I am sure I will enjoy the other as soon as I break them open. Thank you for your generosity, let me know if you ever want more of the postman's blend, as it is fairly cheap here at 4.25 for 2oz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.