Middleton's Cherry Blend

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Ozark Nick, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozark Nick

Ozark Nick Member

I asked one of the local cig shops (which carries a fair number of Middleton's products) to see if they could get me some of Middleton's Cherry Blend.

I went in this morning and they had just gotten their shipment in.

I just came in from smoking a bowl and while I would never have guessed it was a "cherry" blend had I been in a blind smoke taste test I did enjoy the smoke very much.

I really enjoy all the Middleton products I've tried so far.

2. Nuck81

Nuck81 Member

I've tried a few Cherries, and while I still enjoy aromatics, I haven't found a cherry yet I could say I really enjoyed. Even the Tewksbury and Co. blend.

Guess I'm just not a cherry kinda guy...

3. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

I'm not really a cherry kinda guy either, but Middleton's is really only nominally a cherry. You can smell it if you're looking for it but there's little if any distinct cherry flavor in the smoke. I like it, though for some reason it can get a little bitey for me. None of the other Middletons bite me at all.

Nuck81 likes this.
  4. Ozark Nick

Ozark Nick Member

I didn't have any hint of tongue bite.

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I think I smoke more of it than any other blend . My wife likes it's aroma best .Throughout the workday it's fine .. It burns super easy so ya dont have to think at all ... heres my TR review from 2/04 :

What can i say... this blend is 1.25 a pouch here in north georgia.I like burley.The cherry flavoring is mild.It is not soaked in cherry flavor.This blend has to be one of the easiest blends in the world to light and keep lit.Put alot in the pipe because it will burn quickly.. not hot ..just quick.The aroma passes the wife test.A friend of mine started smoking the pipe and was getting frustrated with keeping his pipe lit.. so i bought him cherry blend and he was and is thrilled.A great beginer blend and an inexpensieve blend with a sound burley flavor!Hey .. for the money youve got to give it a shot!!!

I wish it were still 1.25 a pouch ... things have been going up ... bummer . My buddy simon still smokes it ... which is why you can find it at the Piggly Wiggly in Ducktown Tn

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I just popped a pouch today, myself.

No, it isn't cherry overload(thank the stars!), it's just a good OTC burley based blend, with a background note of cherry. Against my preconceptions, i enjoy it. My wife doesn't give me grief when I'm smoking it, either...always a plus.

7. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Heh...Piggly Wiggly and Ducktown....man I miss that neck of the woods.

8. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

One of my go toos and one I always keep around. I am not a cherry fan either but this blend is hardly a cherry blend, more a good burley.

9. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I hear ya man ... hope I dont ever have to leave . But cha never know

10. idiotbox37

idiotbox37 Member

wow, i just tried this blend the other day as well! smoked it in a falcon.

yup, not much cherry but burned well. it smoked hot for me though. i probably just need to slow down.

11. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

This is on my list for the next to buy. There doesn't seem to be anything to dislike about it. I'm going for the full 14 oz when I place the order.

Smoke in good health,
    WK

12. Ozark Nick

Ozark Nick Member

Had my third (I think) bowl of this tonight. It just gets better and better!

Why are both of my most favorites so far Middleton tobaccos? :msty:

PS - Wish it were still $1.25 a pouch, but at $2.90 I can't really complain too loudly!

Oh and also, a buddy came over and had a bowl and I got to smell the "room note" really well for the first time it is very nice.

13. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Cuz Middleton makes some really good Burley blends - so good that many of them have been around since Moby Dick was a guppy and they have gone on to become classics.

Kiowapipe and Ozark Nick like this.
  14. homebrewer

homebrewer Member

Bought me a pouch of this last weekend. It's the first aromatic I've tried.
    It does seem smoke well. I like it OK but I don't think it's going to be a regular purchase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.