1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Middletons Walnut is ...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ruffinogold, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Fan Freakin Tastic !!!! .... I havent had this blend in a good while and through a trade w/ Ying I was able to smoke it again . I wrote a quick review at TR that I'll use here . Just postin as a reminder to anyone that hasnt had this in a while and to all you guys that have never had .... try it cause it's a really great smoke !

I havent had Walnut in at least ten years . Where I live now I never see it . while shopping online I see it but am wanting to buy something other than OTC . Enjoyed it years ago but was more an Edgeworth/Three Nuns junkie so I'd get around to it every now and then . lit some up the last few days and the instsnt I smelled and tasted it I was one happy SOB .It's cool smoking , perfect burning all the way ! It's a subtle complexity blend that I just cant get bored of .People compare it to an English blend ... why / It's freakin Walnut .I guess cause it has latakia in it [ ever so slight ]... It's not an english . If ya havent tried this blend and dont want to fork out the cash for a Lg tin then do a trade w/ a pipe buddy or something . A tasty [ med ] blend all the way ... very enjoyable

jmit likes this.
  2. woody

woody Aloha! Admin

I try to keep some on hand, it's pretty darn good.

3. Marc

Marc Active Member

Ruff, it's considered an Americanized English blend, and I agree, a very enjoyable smoke indeed and I haven't smoked it in years myself.

4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Anybody know where to get it in pouches? Or if it even is available in pouches? I'd love to try it, but I don't really want to spend around 30 bucks to try it

5. woody

woody Aloha! Admin

I don't think it is sold in pouches. pipes and cigars sells the 12oz tubs.

6. Marc

Marc Active Member

You can order it by the ounce from Rich at 4noggins.

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Marc , get some ! I mean it was real good .. better than I remembered it

8. jayf

jayf Member

A very good toby, won't knock your socks off, and a great price. (Especailly good in a Dr G :)
    Peace,
    Jayf

9. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

A really nice "Steady Eddie" blend. I always have some around. It's one tobacco that I found that I prefer at tub moisture level rather than dried out. Not too surprising, I guess.

Nesta, shoot me a PM and I'll send you out a sample.

10. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Thanks for the review, Don Ruffino. I think Walnut is a vastly under-rated smoke and an excellent "light" lat blend. Like Spilman, it's a nice intro to the world of latakia.

Bri2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.