1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Might have to put my aromatics to the side.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by theSEAMAS, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theSEAMAS

theSEAMAS Member

I just had my first non aromatic blend of pipe tobacco. Got some Magnum Opus in the mail today and just tried some after dinner. Wow. The aroma out of the can reminded me of a smokehouse BBQ joint, it reminded me of hanging out in the back yard and smelling some smoked pork by a camp fire. The flavor when smoking it was so rich and good! I'm still new to pipes so I can't really explain in detail each flavor, but it just plain tasted amazing.

I've finished the small bowl I packed and the aftertaste is almost as good as when it was being smoked. This sweet tea I'm sipping on certainly brings out that smokey flavor. I think I'll be saving my aromatics for gatherings now! (except my Peterson Luxury Blend. Smells good AND I can taste all of the flavors added to it)

Mister Moo likes this.
  2. Jay

Jay Active Member

there are a lot of good tasting tobaccos's that are not aromatics, it is good that you have stumbled in this direction. Carry on

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Sounds like ya smoked a winner ! Cool .... What aros are you smoking ?

4. theSEAMAS

theSEAMAS Member

My current collection is Smokers Pride Black Cavendish (which I found out is manufactured in Tucker,Ga), Peterson Luxury Blend, and CAO Sweet Vanilla Honeydew.
    They don't taste bad at all, especially the Luxury Blend, but this Magnum Opus has just such a rich smokey flavor that I love.

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I think Georgia should be it's own country ! We rock . I've had the honey dew and it's good . The Petersons I havent had yet ... kicks butt huh ! Now that I know SP is made in Georgia .... I'll buy a bag on thursday !

6. theSEAMAS

theSEAMAS Member

It's been about an hour and a half after my first bowl of Magnum Opus and the flavor is still in my mouth. Seems like everything I put into my mouth now just gets enhanced by the smokey flavor. Chocolate chip cookies have never tasted so good :byg:

7. Beale

Beale Active Member

Congrats on that very tasty sounding smoke! I am just curious? is this a House (local B&M) blend? Or is it one that can be found on an e-tail spot? Beale.

8. theSEAMAS

theSEAMAS Member

It's by Hearth & Home (Marquee Series) and can be found online http://pipesandcigars.com/hehomase.html

Beale likes this.
  9. Beale

Beale Active Member

Thank you! Will be getting a tin of this soon! Beale.

10. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

I think a lot, if not most of us started on aros, and a lot of us gravitated toward non-aros over the years. I like the natural taste of tobacco.

11. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

After smoking for a year and some change now I've finally tried my first English blend. I do say I have found my aros less attractive since Frog Morton came into my life.

Happy Smoking
    Arty

12. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

I've been smoking a pipe for a year and a half now, close to two actually and i still gag at the smell and taste of latakia. Which sucks cause I hear all these great stories of the taste and what not so I feel like im loseing out, but to me it still smells and tastes like burnt bandaids or something (not that i actually know what that smells like or taste's like lol) But anyway its great to hear when someone finds that one toby that just does it for them. Mine is a black cavendish Lane Limited BCA which funny enough all started from the Smoker's Pride Black Cavendish which i still buy to this day lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.