milan's house blends - yay or nay

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Kyle, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle

Kyle Member

I'm waiting in anticipation for my shipment of 5 different blends to come in the mail from Milan Tobacconists in Roanoke, VA and I was wondering if anyone has anything to say about Milan blend, good or bad. The price was right and I got a lot for my money compared to other sites I was looking at, and I live near Uhle's tobacco shop where I have been going but overpaying for house blends when comparing to online sales. The blends I'm getting if I remember right are: Anniversary, Buddy's Blend, Cherry Bon Bon, Honey Smoke, and the name of the last one escapes me at the moment.

I hope to hear what I have in store for me when I get these tobaccos.
    I appreciate any responses, good or bad

2. Scottly

Scottly Member

I have bought a lot of tobacco and a few pipes from Milan. Great service from these folks. They have some good blends, my favorites so far from them are My Finest Kind-Doctors Orders-Wall Street, and Presidential is not bad. I tried Honey Smoke a few years ago, seems like it was good also. The two must tries IMHO are My Finest Kind and Doctors Orders. They have some English blends but I have not tried them.
    I can order on Monday and my stuff will show up on Wed, I like that. They also carry a full line of Middleton products:)

3. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

I've gone through several ounces of their English blend Rovada, I really like that one. I tried buttered rum, an aro, wasn't to my liking.

4. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

I tried a bunch. Jefferson Street was my favorite.

5. Scottly

Scottly Member

Yep thats a good one too.

6. Kyle

Kyle Member

well I got my shipment and im smoking a bowl of Honey Smoke which is pretty good, but I'm sure it will be better after being pouched overnight and I cant wait to see what it develops into as it ages and dries.

Thanks to all for input on milan blends, as now I know which ones to try next among the many others I want to get around to trying out.

7. Scottly

Scottly Member

Be sure and sign up for the newsletter from them, they always have a monthly special priced blend and sometimes shipping discounts.

8. Kyle

Kyle Member

I will that sounds like the ONE newsletter I would ever consider signing up for....I see most of them as real world spam, probably because most of them are. I cant wait to see what December's special priced blend will be, November is/was the Honey Smoke. The ones I got besides Honey smoke are Evening Stroll, Cherry Bon Bon, Anniversary, and Buddy's Blend, but I'll try to be good and finish one pouch before sampling the next as hard as that might be for me

9. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

+1 on My Finest Kind. Scott was nice enough to send me a selection of their blends to try, and this is my favorite of the bunch so far. Hot damn, this is good stuff! Smoking a bowl right now, actually. :puffy:

Scottly likes this.
  10. Kyle

Kyle Member

so far of the Milan blends I just got I've tried Honey Smoke, Evening Stroll, Buddy's blend, and Cherry Bon Bon. I havent got to try the Anniversary yet, but my favorite so far I think is Cherry Bon Bon. Its all dark black tobacco and the flavor is strong but the smoke isnt that strong, Its delicious and very nice aroma in the room.

I think I will try My Finest Kind next, as it seems most people call that their favorite

11. BriarAnnie

BriarAnnie Member

I second the Honey smoke. It was a nice blend, but as for the others I had....they were just eh.

Mington likes this.
  12. Kyle

Kyle Member

Evening Stroll is a good one too. I've been smoking that about the same as I've been the Honey Smoke. Its light flavor but still that hint of sweet, it seems to be a good all day smoke. Anniversary blend I didnt care for on the first try, but will give it another try in a day or so once it dries a bit and I work up the courage. Buddy's Blend is a nice coffee and nutty flavor, good with the morning coffee but I wouldnt smoke it all day. Cherry Bon Bon was a strong flavor which is very tasty, but can get to be too much after a bit so it is a good occasional smoke for me.

I will have to try some OTCs next. I've been afraid to after the Borkum Riff experience I had, but I will probably start with Middleton varieties and go from there.

13. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

I found a ball jar with about 2 ounces of Jefferson Street in it this morning. Will have to revisit it later today.

14. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Welcome back Annie! :beck:

HCraven likes this.
  15. BriarAnnie

BriarAnnie Member

Awwwwwww...thanks fellas :-p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.