1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Miniature pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by DanielMelange, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielMelange

DanielMelange Member

So, I recently went home to my birth town over the weekend and lo and behold, more than four years after moving away from there they actually opened a tobacco shop, fully stocked with basket pipes and low grade pipe tobacco (don't laugh, even this is a huge step up). Naturally, I found myself the cheapest and saddest thing around, and ended up with this (2euro coin for scale):

[​IMG]

Now, I'm taking bids what to do with it. I've smoked it once and it's not actually too bad, it's just over before it actually even gets started. I'm considering taking the stem and carving myself another miniature pipe with it, an ultra short nose warmer perhaps, but if you guys have any better suggestions I'd love to hear them!

2. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

That's tiny, I seen a few like that before, even mini hard wood Missouri Meerschaum.

I second the idea of making new bowl.

Gunslinger,

3. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

It looks about the size of cobs I used to see for sale in souvenir shops when we took vacations in the Ozarks. Technically they could be smoked, but they were sold more as souvenirs and most who bought them never intended to use them.

Wonder if you could take another MM, like a Pride, switch out the stems and have yourself a nose warmer with a better sized bowl?

4. DanielMelange

DanielMelange Member

Coastal Bend, I think you're right on the money. This was laying in a sad little basket with other sad little pipes. It had a sticker under the bowl which was actually bigger than the bowl itself, proudly displaying, in bold lettering MADE IN CHINA. Maybe wasn't truly meant to be smoked, but I had to try regardless!

I think I'm going to try to make myself a small bowl, if I can only get hold of some briar. It's not like I need a big piece. Haha!

5. ccwco

ccwco Member

I have a MM mini. I see them all the time at B&M's and crappy newstands. Usually next to the baskets in their own box. Usually sell around $3.
    I use mine to try out new aro's or just for a quickie smoke.
    Doesn't really smoke that well, usually burns a tunnel straight through to the draught hole.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. DanielMelange

DanielMelange Member

Well an update, just got myself some briar off the bay, so we'll see if I can't churn something out. If not I can at least use the briar to make tampers from.

7. Imrandy

Imrandy Member

I have two of these one is junk from china and the other is a MM i do smoke it once in awhile at family outings where a full pipe is not allowed

8. user2725

user2725 Active Member

I don't have a mini cob but I do have a MM Hardwood Mini which I like to smoke Lakelands in, they just seem to taste better in it for some reason.

9. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I saw one similar, it was actually a keychain. I should have picked it up

10. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

I think I'd go a few steps further. I'd replace the bowl, shank and stem with ones from the Pride;)

I have a few small cobs called the Morgan. They were factory prototypes. One day, I got a 71 minute smoke out of one with LNF. They are outstanding smokers and, at 18 grams, the best clinchers ever.

Here's a picture of the Morgans (outside two pipes) comparing them to the Diplomat's (two inside.)

[​IMG]

Coastal Bend likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.