1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Missouri Meerschaum bowl sizes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Jive Dadson, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jive Dadson

Jive Dadson Member

What are the bowl sizes (inside diameter) for the current line of MM's? I cannot find the info on the web!

I will kick it off. Here is what I measured...

Washington 3/4" or slightly under - three samples
    Country Gentleman 13/16" - one sample

2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I have 2 Diplomats and a Country Gentleman. They all have a 5/8" diameter. I'd love to get my hands on a CG with a 13/16" bore! That's a big un.

3. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

My last batch of Diplomats were made from smaller cobs and even the bowls seemed a little smaller in diameter, will not be ordering anymore until they get some bigger cobs, I was a little disappointed to say the least. :(

4. BradNTX

Yeah, I ordered a second Diplomat after seeing pics of the PSF POTY Dip's, but the one I got in the mail this week did not have a very large bowl. I'm holding off from purchasing any more cobs unless I buy from a place that can tell me bowl dimensions.

5. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I also noticed another disturbing issue that seems to have reared its ugly head again, the bowl finish, out of the 12 new Diplomats I received 5 of them have the ugliest finish I have ever seen on a Diplomat cob, last minute patch added to the cobs leaving big uneven splotches of white patch that was not even sanded and rough to the touch, this stuff was added after they were varnished and looks like crap, they should have never left Missouri Meerschaum in this condition. A closet cob if ever there was one!

6. Stoked

Stoked Member

I've got 2 Diplomats that I ordered from MM last year. They are both slight larger than 11/16". It's more accurately measured as 1.8 cm.

Hm. A thread with a bunch of guys with their rulers out. :xd:

SouthBound likes this.
  7. Jive Dadson

Jive Dadson Member

... measuring their openings.

8. Ozark Nick

Ozark Nick Member

Here is a link to Aristocobs measurements of all the MM cobs.

http://aristocob.com/Pipe-Size-Chart-W5732.aspx

SouthBound likes this.
  9. Jive Dadson

Jive Dadson Member

Are you sure? Maybe I have lead a sheltered life, but I have never seen a chamber that narrow.

10. Jive Dadson

Jive Dadson Member

11. dbwittkopf

dbwittkopf Member

my legends and washingtons are usually that size

12. BradNTX

I just measured them with a tape. They are narrow; I can barely get my index finger in them and I don't have sausage fingers. I'm not going by outer diameter, though, like they do on Aristocob. I measured the inner diameter, which is the only thing that counts to me. It doesn't do me any good to have a super thick hunk of cob with a narrow bore.

13. Aristocob

Aristocob Member

True. All of the MM cobs from the Legend through the MacArthur have a 3/4" chamber when the are new, but obviously they widen over time.

Elwin likes this.
  14. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I've had the impression, from a few people, that the cobs weren't as big this last season. Of course, any agricultural product is effected by growing conditions. The Legend I just got has a smaller cob than the one I already had. The bowl is about the same size but the walls are thinner. I also noticed the Patriot I have tends to smoke very hot. I can't compare the Dip with anything else. It looks and smokes great. In terms of smoking, my only reservation regarding the cobs is this very hot smoking Pat. I don't have that problem with any of the other cobs I have. I love the look at the Patriot but won't get another one. Next time will be a CG and a Great Dane egg. Eventually I will have them all and they will be Mine, all Mine.:ohyh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.