1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Mix your tins?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by pottsy, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pottsy

pottsy Member

So, do you more experienced smokers mix your tins in a jar? Say you have a jar big enough to hold multiple tins of the same baccy of course, do you just dump them all in?

2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I don't. My VAs cellar better in
    their respective tins, but that's
    just MHO.

dp

3. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

I don't...just in case something went wrong.
    I do have a jar that gets all sorts of leftovers dumped in it..... Haven't tried it yet...

4. erickghint

erickghint Member

If it's the same tobacco, and you're going to smoke it often, I don't see a reason not to put multiple tins in the same jar.

Just to clarify:

You put in an order for 3 50gm tins of (insert favorite tinned toby here). You know you smoke it on a daily basis, so you figure you might as well crack open the tins and jar em up. You have a 32oz mason jar handy, so you proceed to jar up said tins in said jar.

That kinda thing?

5. pottsy

pottsy Member

Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant.

6. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

I don't mix tins. I open them as needed and transfer that tin to a small flat Ball/Mason jar. When it's gone, I pop the next tin.

7. pottsy

pottsy Member

OK, good to know. I don't need to mix them, just curious what others did.

8. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Good to hear they are like tobaccos....when I read the title, I thought you were mixing different tobaccos! That can be disastrous.......

9. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

I sort of liken it to "booze" and "decanters". If it's the same tin/vessel, then it's in the decanter. When the decanter is empty, I refill with another vessel or tin. So, basically, no, I do not mix but there is one that I do have '96 McCR Red Flake that have "mixed" but all the toby in the spring bail jar is '96 RF (tinned 2000). Same toby, same vintage, same tinned year (only difference may be ~3-5 mos difference in opening the tin).

That's the only one that has the same contents but from different tins. I know, I'm crazy............but you knew that! :beerhat:

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.