1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Mixing, I mean blending English's (or is it Englishes?) lol

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Mington, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Recently at 1 of the local B&M's (Churchill's of Southfield) they let me have 2-3 bowl samples to go of some of their Englishes, 4 of them;
    Dark English, Light English, #6, and English Luxury.
    http://www.churchillsltd.com/index.php/cPath/23_167
    On the jar descriptions actually said where they came from except #6 which could be their own hodge podge mixture.
    English Luxury is by Peter Stokkebye, Dark English is really McClelland's 5110 (which was on my TAD list), and Light English was by Altadis.
    I liked them all but loved the 5110\Dark English best.

I smoked them all individually in my new Sas pipe. I had a little left of each and decided to throw them in a baggie and mix all 4 together and smoke it.
    I fired it up today in the Sas pipe and it was awesome! I never blended 2 English's together, let alone 4! Was a cool experiment that worked.

I think next time I will try to mix\blend all 4 of my Frog Morton's and see how that goes.

Anyone else blend a couple or few English's together and it come out good?
    If so, which ones?
    I will report back after I do the 4 FM's in the near future.

2. KevinP

KevinP Member

First, to take the question in your subject line, it's Englishes. Second, nope, I never mix tobaccos, for reasons stated in my videos:

Smoking Gun likes this.
  3. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

I never noticed that the jars said what brands they accually are. I wonder if any of their others are labled too.

4. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Cool videos. I have rarely ever mixed until this one. Just an interesting experiment for something different. Not looking for permanent solutions or blends.

5. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Mixing can produce some fine smokes. Glad it worked out for you Ming!

Mington likes this.
  6. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

I am a frequent and unrepentant mixer. Most of the time I like the results.

Mington, dwaugh and shadow like this.
  7. shadow

shadow Active Member

I often mix the dregs of various tobaccos and had quite pleasing results!
    Next time I'll try and keep a record of my blending!:bing:

Mington likes this.
  8. Coalsmoke

Coalsmoke Member

I'm a fan of GL Pease blends and found that I wanted some more up-front Latikia taste from one and added it to another that was a bit too up-front. The Kennsington seemed a tad too muted and the Blackpoint a tad too strong, so I mixed them together 50/50 and came up with my own private stock blend: Kennsingpoint! It's a good full English blend and is cellared away for the time being while I try out others from the McConnell and Dunhill lines. :puffy:

9. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I occasionally mix tobaccos but usually only if there's a shortcoming in both that I'm trying to fix and then only so as not to end up tossing out tobacco. Occasionally I get some good results but more often than not, it's a bust.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.