1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Mixing it

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Stewiebob69, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stewiebob69

Stewiebob69 Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Hi All on PSF,

Hope you all had a enjoyable xmas & new year. All the best.

Had yet another birthday over xmas period. I was lucky enough to get a small selection of tobaccos as a birthday present. I've tried happy bogie, and Irish twist - brown & black. Isn't brown bogie & brown irish x the same tobacco, just different diameter. Prefer, the brown to black irish X. Love happy/brown bogie - like smoking a cigar in a pipe. Also, tried condor original again after having bad experience with it years ago. Enjoyed it to my surprise. It had a less waxy texture as I remember it. Love condor long cut and really like erinmore mixture, on par with craven aromatic.

Had an experimentation with mixing in my baccy tin. Mixed left over craven aromatic with equal measure of mellow virginia, with happy bogie to add depth and with american whiskey to add a sweeter flavour and a touch of ennerdale. Called it my xmas mix, as it was quite festive and really enjoyed it.

Also, mixed condor long cut with erinmore mixture recently, and really enjoyed this. Erinmore being light and refreshingly citrusy, with touch of black cavendish in it giving it an aromatic flavour. The condor long cut gave it more depth of flavour, being more peaty and treacley (molasses) sweetness and with it's own floral undertones.

Kind regards,

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Hi and Nice to see you back!

It can be amazing what comes out of pik n mix blending! I've a hodge podge jar which has delivered many a good smoke!

An old favourite mix was Condor and St.Bruno half and half and for many years was almost the smell of Bitish tobacco in some parts of the U.K. Mind you I'd a pal who mixed Clan with Condor half and half and I was never either brave enough to go down that route or prepared to ruin my Condor!

Best as ever

3. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Glad to hear you had a nice holiday season and birthday, Stew! I've found "kitchen sink" blending to be a lot of fun and so far I've had four tasty experiments and one that didn't go so well. Adding spirits can spice up a blend nicely. I've tried rum and bourbon and I think rum is a better choice so far. Letting the results "percolate" for a good six months helped too.
  4. raffles07

raffles07 Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Speaking of Clan and rum in the same thread. My local Coop was selling off some Clan half price. I know it's terrible stuff but I couldn't resist at that price. It was dried out, so I doused it well with Tesco's best dark! and sealed it in a jar. Haven't tried it yet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.