1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Mixing Mac Barens ?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by mhnd Al, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhnd Al

mhnd Al Member

Hi all, before around a week I bought a Macbaren vanilla blend, which was recommended to me, so at first I liked it a bit, was hoping for the taste of vanilla, but it was'nt as I looked up for, and it started to give my pipe a bad smell, and also my friends didn't like the smell too.
    So I have bought another Mac Baren with the taste of Cherry, it was splendid, but so over tasty and strong note (if that is the right word) :P
    And while smoking it I thought it needs to be little bit less in taste, so thinked of mixing those two brands together (vanilla and cherry).
    Don't if its a stupid question to ask, but is it recommended to mix ?

2. Pipedan

Pipedan Member

I mix & blend things all the time just put a pinch of each out and give them a quick rub.
    Iam guessing they wont need airing out as most McB's I have ever seen have been ready to smoke from the tin.

If you like what you taste mix more or keep the vanilla as a blending tobacco for next time you come across something that is too strong.

good luck and enjoy

Pipedan

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

We call it a parfait when we mix'm up.

4. grga

grga Member

I've read somewhere that you can get nice blend, almost similar to Sillem's Black when you mix 50% MB Black Ambrosia and 50% HH Vintage Syrian. Didn't try yet.

5. mhnd Al

mhnd Al Member

Thanx Pipedan, I'll try Parfait some (as jesla says ;) ) and if I liked it I'll mix the whole packages together :D

6. mhnd Al

mhnd Al Member

On the list Grga

7. grga

grga Member

I think you won't regret, try with a small amount(s) for start.
    :eek:hyeah:

8. jeffbee

jeffbee Member

If you end up mixing all of it together, you can "press" it to blend the flavors. Put it in a ziplock, sit on it to squish out the air, and then seal it up. Put a cinder block or a big stack of books on top of it. Anything flat and heavy. Wait a few months or longer (the hardest part). If you liked it when you first mixed it, you will like it even more now that the flavors are "married" and in a brick form.

9. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

10. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Some good tips on blending tecnique from the guys. Can't see why the cherry and vanilla wouldn't work - in fact they should be a perfect marriage; I've just finished and thoroughly enjoyed a pack of G&H's Cherry Vanilla and I'll be getting more later in the day!

Happy smoking

Gerry

11. mhnd Al

mhnd Al Member

Wow Jiff, that's much to do, but if it will work, then let's do it, and about the time I don't think I can wait :P

Dondi, u won't believe it, but tasting the tobacco after parfaiting it is way too good, can't state what taste is it, but its far from being Cherry or Vanilla :S , and I'll check the link.

Yeah I liked it gerry, and the one u smoke is on the list too (Y)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.