1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

MM General + 8in Churchwarden Forever Stem

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ArtisanArcher, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

My Fellow Pipe Smokers

I officially have a new favourite pipe! My mother and father decided to bless me with an 8 inch churchwarden forever stem. I now fully understand why nobody's ever said a disparaging word about a forever stem. Thank you all for pointing me in the direction of them.

Happy Smoking
    Arty

2. scavenger

scavenger Member

Lucky you Arty! I wish my parents showed interest in my hobby to where they would buy me a forever stem, unfortunately they don't even know what a forever stem is!

Happy smoking!
    Scavenger

3. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

Tell them that's what you want for Christmas :)

4. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Very nice, now we need a pic!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

I will tomorrow. I didn't feel like getting out my camera and going though all that jazz tonight.

6. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

7. telltime

telltime Active Member

Nice. Enjoy her...

8. ChrisD

ChrisD Member

Wow, what a nice combo! What do you think of the smoke? do you find that it is cooler?

9. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

Yes! It's much cooler! I brought in several big puffs last night and thought my pipe had almost gone out because there was so little heat, only to be surprised when I puffed out and there was a HUGE cloud of smoke! :) I'm excited about it. I would recommend it to anybody. :)

10. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

So I've discovered a problem. Because this General is straight and not bent, and my churchwarden stem is curved, if I hold the pipe straight out the stem angles slightly downward to where it meets my mouth. Today, while I was smoking, enjoying International Pipe Smoking Day with my cousin, I puffed, and much to my dismay got a mouthful of tar tasting spit. BLECH! I was not happy about this. I'll probably order a bent General here soon, or maybe a bent diplomat as the General is somewhat of a giant to smoke.

Lessons still to learn
    Arty

PstScrpt I hope everybody is enjoying International Pipe Smoking Day! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.