1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

morale is now boosted :D.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by craig, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craig

craig Active Member

So after yesterday morale was at an all time low, i went out and bought the clay i said i was going to buy, and also bought some new tobacco, after all new pipe new tobacco.

so here it is........

[​IMG]

Its a seven and a half inch tavern pipe made my wilsons of sharrow (the last remaining clay pipe maker in england which sadly has shut up shop earlier this year, but there is still remaining stock out there).
    and the tobacco is Kendal Whisky flavour, absolutely gorgeous sweet flavours and a feint taste of whiskey.

So how does it smoke?........absolutely brilliantly, no gurgle, the smoke was as dry as the sahara and the tastes were exceptional.
    Im glad i convinced myself to get one, and glad i listened to the advice given on here.

Mind i did have a teething problem, i did touch the bowl mid smoke, which made m recoil sharply and induce quite a bit of swearing lol, but apart from that its a brilliant pipe and a brilliant smoker.

2. craig

craig Active Member

and before any of you ask the tip came painted red i do not wear lipstick lmao.

Preacher1611 and Spillproof like this.
  3. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Nice looking pipe! I am glad you're enjoying it.. although it sucks that you burned your fingers.. :eek:

4. craig

craig Active Member

lol not badly burned, but its habit as i dont clench i 99% of thge time hold the bowl so i went to do the same, and when i did there was quite a lot of swearing but it didnt stop me enjoying.

5. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Well-Known Member

I need to add a clay to the collection too. Been curious for a while.

6. craig

craig Active Member

curiosity got the best as me as well, and im glad it did, they are beautiful smokers and the taste they deliver is unparalelled.

7. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Good buy! Yes, clays are great smoking pipes, but they *will* toast a finger or two if you don't hold by the stem. I have 4 here...one from Ireland and three from Dwaugh...two classics and a clay-dog. I smoke them all!

8. Capt

Capt Active Member

The thought of buying one never crossed my mind, until now.

9. craig

craig Active Member

yeah i have learnt the toasted finger lesson the hard way but it wasnt a bad burn just a quick five minute sting lol, but yeh im glad curiosity got the best of me, it was brilliant.

10. ScottN

ScottN Member

Aside from the toasty fingers sounds like a great smoke and glad it gave ya the morale boost!!!

I am intrigued by the clay pipe, hhmmmm maybe I need one for the collection.

11. craig

craig Active Member

id recommend it scott they are brilliant smokers, and are a cheap pipe, and for the qaulity of the smoke they deliver they are worth ten times their value, but one tip be careful about how you handle them dont be too rough as they are fragile and they dont bounce too good.

12. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

I burn myself just about everytime with my clay! Nice looking pipe, great score!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.