1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Morningn/Evening tobaccos

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Omri Pelerman, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omri Pelerman

Omri Pelerman New Member

Hi all,

I was wondering: What's you smoking routine like? Do you smoke throughout the day? Do smoke in specific times? Mainly, do you have morning tobaccos, evening tobaccos, and maybe even more of them?

Currently, I smoke Dunhill's Early Morning during the earlier part of the day, and their My Mixture 965 during the rest of the day. I used to smoke their Nightcaap as well, but I don't have it at the moment.

2. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

I don't have an established smoking pattern, as I smoke when time permits, and with a 6 mo old I take it when I can get it. That being said, I don't have certain blends dedicated to certain times of the day, but I will say I tend to gravitate towards Lat blends at night (since I discovered them). I don't really have a preference for morning's yet, so I'm interested to see what other people have to say.

3. MainePipe

MainePipe Member

I tend to prefer burleys in the morning, when I get a chance to have a pipe in the morning

The rest of the day I tend to smoke Virginia and English blends...maybe even more burley, depending on what I'm doing while puffing.

I will say that now that the weather has changed. I tend to gravitate towards English blends, as opposed to warmer months when I reach for Virginias

Burleys are good anytime of year (and any time of day) in my opinion.

4. Johnny

Johnny Member

I'll smoke whatever during whatever time of day but Latakia blends tend to be smoked at night time when I do smoke those

5. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I typically start off with something pretty quick and simple in the mornings, often an OTC (Half and Half lately). I usually have a bowl of something with a lighter room note on the way to work so I don't smell like a Lat bomb, MacB Vanilla cream flake is one of my usuals, something with pretty good nic but a fairly light note after work while having drinks, PS LTF is a go to. I end the day with a stout blend if I'm home, Nightcap, Kickin Chicken, Epiphany, or here lately Pirate Kake.

Weekends and days off are whatever I want all day long! FMOTB fishing, MacB spun cut blends reading, burley gardening, or whatever I happen to pick up.

I'm currently breaking my routine with a bowl of Roll Cake in a meer with tea before breakfast, so my rules are more like habits.

6. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

I don't have a routine of rotating tobaccos. Briar Fox is just as good any time, as is Diamond Head, PA, and Proper English. After Hours I tend to smoke later in the day, but that's just because I reach for Briar Fox more than anything else and that's how things wind up.

7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Now that the colder months are upon us,
    I tend to reach for English blends
    in the morn.
    Darker VAs are an evening smoke
    for me.

8. muddler

muddler Active Member

Almost all of my smoking is Va's & Vapers, especially flakes. Sometimes during the evening I'll have a Lat blend, or, if I'm feeling like something sweet, an aro. The Va's centre around FVF & BBF with a fair bit of Dunhill Flake & Union Square as well. Lately the Lat has been Princes Street & the aro Blue Note.

9. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

I start everyday with CH or SWR and I smoke them throughout the weekdays driving to and from work, on break and at lunch time. Weekday evening is usually a VA, #5100 as VAs require a slower smoking speed and last longer. Can you believe an hour and a half smoke in this?
    [​IMG]
    Weekends during the day depends on my activities. If I am running errand, a burley or VA/Bur. If watching sports or a movie, either a VA or something with perique and a little latakia.

10. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

I usually start the day with burley in a cob. If not burley, it's generally a medium English to "mild" Baltic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.