Most Recent Attack of TAD

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Grim_Puffer, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grim_Puffer

Grim_Puffer Member

Ok so im getting bored with what I have. I enjoy Latakia very much but the blends I have that contain it arent anything that just wows you, more like intro blends.

I have Frog Morton which is , eh, I have FMOTT which is , eh as well but better than the original, Northwoods which is good but can be too sweet and GL Pease Quiet Nights which is just a little too much smokeyness and not enough character ( if that makes sense )

So anyways this is my early christmas gift to myself

I ordered from pipesandcigars

GL Pease Meridian
    GL Pease Westminster
    McClelland 3 Oaks Syrian
    McClellan Grand Orientals Classic Samsun
    McClellands Legends
    McClellands Wilderness

..... and some pipe cleaners

Any comments on the selections I see they rate high on tobaccoreviews but nice to hear others comment as well

cheers

2. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

:dunno: about those but I love Frog Morton :punk:

3. Grim_Puffer

Grim_Puffer Member

Dont get me wrong I love the Frog too but lately its just been a little too boring to smoke all the time and I needed a change of pace and something a little stronger.

Hopefully ill get some weigh ins on the others, im a bit excited been wnating to try some of those for months now

4. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

I know what you mean. If I try something I really like and smoke it too often it can become boring so I like to vary my diet often.

5. christopher

christopher Member

I haven't tried any of the ones you have ordered but if you haven't tried cornell and deihl's billy bud you might want to concider it the maduro cigar leaf gives it an extra flavor diminsion that sets it apart from most other english blends.
    Good luck with your order and happy holidays.

6. christopher

christopher Member

sory dude I just saw your profile. You don't need me preaching to your choir. Have a good day and enjoy your endevors.

7. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Totally OT, but to Christopher...I see you're a Florov fan too...one of my favorite carvers, and the Calla is mind boggling.

Now back OT...
    I agree that the Frogs are mild blends in their genre...great intro tobaccos. as for your list...
    GL Pease Meridian A really complex Va/Oriental...great Cyprian lat flavor and a good blend of Oriental leaf. Highly recommended.
    GL Pease Westminster Good English blend with a strong hand of Latakia...great!
    McClelland 3 Oaks Syrian No experience
    McClellan Grand Orientals Classic Samsun Good Orientals in this one..sweet mixture of Va and Turkish Samsun.
    McClellands Legends No experience
    McClellands Wilderness No experience

8. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Nice order! I hope you post your findings on the Legends and Wilderness. I put in an order today as well, and thought hard about those two, but put them off for now. There were some others I have been thinking about longer and wanted to give a shot.

Thanks for sharing with us.

:bing:

9. greasemunki85

greasemunki85 Member

From what I understand The McClellands Wilderness is heavy on Lat..about 40%.
    Those Mcclellands wont let you dont tho' , 5125 Coyote Classic is becoming my favorite smoke and its a bulk blend- I was told to try some wilderness as its a Lat/Oriental. It sounds really good tho' I cant wait.
    as for GL Pease.. Im really not all to sure, as Ive never tried there blends..
    Not to derail- but do all McClelland blends have that Ketchup/Vinegar smell going on?!

10. Grim_Puffer

Grim_Puffer Member

every mcclelland blend ive had has had thaT ketchup smell but that hasnt affected the flavor of the tobaccos and I really dont notice it nor do I understand why some neglect mcclellands because of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.