1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Most you would pay?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by johnhwatson, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waino

Waino Active Member

Hello, neighbour. You still have oil there?

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

At some point , and I dont know what that point would be , I'd go black op and take a shipment . I'll never quit

3. CarlBC

CarlBC Member

I know how much I've paid for a tin of Orlik DSK, and I'm not sure I like myself every time I remember.

4. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

I feel your pain brother; It's hard saying what I would pay for a tin of that stuff when it came right down to it.

5. WillH

WillH Active Member

I dunno! They're getting ready to tax Internet sales so things are about to get expensive. A tin locally is about $25.00. I'm seriously looking into growing my tobacco! I'm at the limit!

Will

6. mugwump

mugwump Member

Since my cellar pretty much has me set for life I would likely stop adding to it at about $20 per 50g tin which is pretty close to where we're at already in WA with tins running around $17 a pop.

7. atwageman

atwageman Member

Im not sure what my limit is. Im already over 200lbs just in tinned tobacco alone and im still cellaring. I guess ill know my price limit when that day comes. If the federal taxes on pipe tobacco ever go thru the roof as planned, im thankful I was able to plan ahead. Im also thankful my wife understands and encourages my pipe efforts.

8. shadow

shadow Active Member

Well..... I think it's all down to inflation and comparisons to other products we need every day. I don't mind spending £10 or so for a tin of good baccy but I also get a 500g bulk English Blend from Germany for £25.
    Some people spend £300 on a nice Dunhill pipe.... in 1922 £300 bought you a house in London!!!!!! It's all down to inflation.

9. MarkC

MarkC Member

I most start by saying that I only smoke a pipe 3 to 5 times a week and that I probably have a different view compared to someone who smokes 10 bowls a day. That said, I think pipe tobacco is fairly cheap if compared to cigarets and cigars. I occasionally smoke cigars that I pay anywhere from $3 to $10 per stick. So I think pipe tobacco is a good buy. However, I don't want to pay ant more than I have to.

Mark

10. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

I agree with many of the post above, it is all relative. I started smoking a pipe more regularly due to the increase in cigar taxes. I am trying to add to my cellar now, so if/when they raise tobacco taxes I will be able to absorb it over time. My wife and I do the same thing with food. Buy more when things are on sale, case it too is going no where but up.

11. jeffbee

jeffbee Member

I'm paying $15 to $25 for 50g tins here in Los Angeles, CA. Stuff is cheaper online, but I like to go in and shop. And I definitely buy way more tobacco than I smoke. I've got enough to last me a few years if my supply is cut off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.