Mother Beautiful Morning

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by RTOdhner, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

The seven year old had football practice this morning, so I got up early to get some coffee brewing and make sure he had his gear set out. I jumped out of bed and was B-slapped with a nearly forgotten sensation - cool air! Then I smelled it - rain! After something like 40 days of strait 100 degree or higher days and no rain for so long that I can't remember the last time it rained, this morning was (and still is) pure paradise! It may yet reach a 100 before the day is out, but it was in the 70's when I woke up, and it's damn near noon and still hasn't hit 85 yet.

Anyhow, I brewed me some coffee, filled a MM Country Gentleman with some Carter Hall, and sat out on the porch, sipping my java, puffing away on my pipe, and listening to the rain hit the room... and all was good and clean in my little corner of the world.

Mark w4mms likes this.
  2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Man , I cant wait for cooler weather !

3. Beale

Beale Active Member

Sounds like a great way to start the day!

4. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

What a great morning!

5. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

It's too hot for an old fucca like me.

Ol Brokedik.

6. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Sounds like you had a great start of the day.. I can't wait for cooler weather here either.

7. whitebriar

whitebriar Member

send her south please sir--no moisture here in so long little kids won't know what it is and will be scared--it is Partly Cloudy and temp only 96F now--usually well above 100F by now--hopin' for a few drops--

8. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

No rain here still and was 100* as of 1:20 PM today. :thdn:

9. Nuck81

Nuck81 Member

we had a really nice evening on Wedensday here. But yes, I'm over summer. Fall is my favorite time of the year....

10. telltime

telltime Active Member

Well, as a person who HATES winter, I sure can! Don't get me wrong, I know that the crisp Autumn air is probably one of the best times of the whole year, but it's also a reminder of the Winter weather on it's heals, and that I could live without.

But it will be here before you know it... and maybe I'll find some enjoyment. But for now, I'll just continue to enjoy as many warm summer nights as I possibly can.

11. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Well, we reached a high of 87, and now it's 83 and muggy. I sure hope it rains again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.