1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Mouthpiece Guide?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Artee, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artee

Artee Member

Jun 7, 2010
    My friend just showed me his Peterson with a blowhole on top of how mouthpiece. I really like the idea, as I have one sub-hundred dollar Savinelli, a few cheap pipes for here and there, an Iwan stamped Churchie, an a straight, and bent Italian second batch quality each, a mini BREBB ROLEY(X), and a pa1r of Minnissota cobs. For the most part, they all have similar mouthpieces. My friends Peterson, has a nice hole at the top of the mouthpiece to rdirirect the smoke from his tonque. This makes for a great smoke, as it tends to ends up with less burn This is an aspect I need cause I smoke wayy too fast. Just wondering what some nice sub-hundred hollard pipis woild have that mothhpiece, and what - if any = the name of this pipe mouthpiece is so if they don't have 9t at the B&M stores, I can get it online if need to be saught out

IDK if my cohereny is good, I was smoking a pipe before i went to sleep and naturally a bit sleeopy, So, if it was hard to undertstand, I wanted to know what pipes have a mouthpiece with a hole on the top, so that it directs smoje away from the tounge, lessening pipe tongue/mouthburn. The other question was what type of mouthice that is, and does it have a name to it. Sorry if a thread already exisits. Google and other forum searches cmae up witb nothing

As Always, Thanks in Advane.
  2. Rider

Rider Member

Feb 26, 2010
    yup, its called a p-lip. Dr. Grabow makes one for around $30. its called an omega
  3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Jul 15, 2009
    Peterson pipes are famous for the p-lip, and Savinelli makes their own version on their "dry system" pipes.
  4. Cobra

Cobra Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I just recently received a Savinelli #2642 in their dry system series. It is a little wider than a Pete and it has better definition making it very easy for me with dentures to clench it. On the other hand, I am undecided about their version of the hole on top in the form of a slot. I found the Sav easy to clean but on the downside, a cleaner must be put in from the tenon going towards the mouthpiece, you can't get a cleaner to go through starting at the mouthpiece. Since I don't use filters, I did find the Sav gets much dirtier than the Pete after a smoke. I will say this however, this Sav is the first and only pipe I own that can be smoked right down to ash every time with no goo at the bottom. I enjoy this new Sav, but I don't think I'll be trading my Petes any time soon. That's my two bits on it anyway.
  5. WillH

WillH Active Member

Oct 6, 2009
    The P-lip is okay. I've had three for years, all Peterson.

I acquired a new Peterson 11s and decided to attempt a modification of the P-lip. I opened the hole. I also installed some internal flair in the mouth piece and while opening the hole. Not only is it now easier to clean it's nicer to smoke.

The P-lip purest will not appreciate my little modification but I think it's an improvement. Course I would........ :)

6. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Feb 9, 2010
    I wonder what the purests would have thought of me after I sanded the damn things right off?
  7. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Done that same thing JP! Practiced on a cheapo British knockoff of a Pete called a "Wellbent" first then did it with the Pete!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.