1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Mr. Brog...from Poland!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Sweatsack, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweatsack

Sweatsack Member

Hey, it's been a while fellas, but I had to jump in and show off my newest acquisition. I've moved back to Alaska and gave the pipes a break for a while but, with surprising help from my wife, I'm about to pick it up again.

The lovely lady just returned from a vacation in Poland and brought me some gifts. Along with a huge Communist-era propaganda poster featuring happy workers laying bricks, she presented me with a Mr Brog pipe. Behold!

[​IMG]

I've never heard of Mr Brog but apparently it is a Polish company. I have no idea how she smokes. I'm going to break her in after I get some work done (I've been slacking on the schoolwork lately and with finals week looming large I have to motivate myself to catch up on everything I've dropped the ball on, by tomorrow.) I do think it is quite the looker though so if she smokes anywhere as nice as she looks -- plus the sentimental value and cool factor having traveled halfway around the world to get to me! -- I think this will be quite the cherished favorite.

On a side note, I found a cool tobacco shop in Anchorage. I know it's been posted on here before because that's how I found out it was legit, but I picked up 2 oz of Stoney's Blend (I think?) from G & P Fine Tobacco for $10. They had some tins there but they were $30! So, the fresh-made hand-blended local mix for $10 was the obvious choice for a cheapskate like me. I told him that I'd read about Stoney's Blend on here and the guy seemed very happy.

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Good to see ya back ... thats a nice lookin pipe , man ! I'd like to know when ya get around to smokin it ... hope it rocks for you . Are you enjoying Alaska !? Thats gotta be great

3. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

Awesome looking pipe and I hear the Mr. Brogs are good smokers.

4. JayinHK

JayinHK Member

I have a few Brogs--they're excellent for the money. :) I'm sure you'll like it!

5. Sweatsack

Sweatsack Member

Update: the Brog smoked like a champ! The bowl is pretty large and in charge so it took a while to get to the bottom. But it was good. And the Stony's Blend was delicious and well-behaved, a "classic" aromatic.

6. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

Sounds like a winner baccy in a very sweet lookin smoker!

7. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Nice wife to think of you on vacation like that. Excellent pipe...two thumbs up!

8. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Very nice pipe & good luck with 'er!

Paul

9. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Mr Brog is a member of PSF. You should PM him and tell him how much you enjoy his pipes! :)

Darkly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.